Forum

Let's hope this pans out . . .

11 years 10 months ago #46883 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
Buc and thriller.......based on what JJ had to say about IC, makes me think IC may have put a little "shake and bake" on Mr. Jones during a few of the Spring practices. ;) :)

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #46884 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
wlayton, based on what I have read and very little that I actually know about JJ other than watching him play, I have to believe that IC is going to be the missing part to our offense. There are other parts and I along with everyone else know that. I am still a serious beliver in KM. Sometimes 6 or 8 yards running behind the pads can turn a game around. Remind anyone in JAX last season. RS, UGA and all of the Red and Black watched that run. :) :) :)

Maybe we, maybe I should say . . . . I wanted another running back in Athens. Think it was AllDawgs5 that said sometime back, last year as a matter of fact. Have to give these young men a little room. Thought about his comment for sometime, matter of fact have not commented on AD5's statement until now.

Starts like this . . . . JJ grabbed the young superstar by the jersey, slammed him against the lockers and got his attention. Maybe that is not the complete story, but have never heard that denied. All reports are that IC is ready to play football, SEC Football. Maybe the fact that JJ grabbed an offensive player (a star*****) by the collar and got his attention, maybe, just maybe JJ is the Leader . . . . period. A thought swirlling around in my head. Hell, I have a lot of those. Love the Red and Black, want to see some positive things, things that don't give me and others cause to say we have not beat a rated team. Want the coaches and players to coach/play to the max.

I do not believe that I have ever seen a running back that can get through a hole any quicker than IC. If he gets past a linebacker, it will be a huge gain. I do not think that he will outrun everyone in the SEC once he breaks out of the front seven. Suits the heck out of me, past the front seven . . . . . might run into someone that I won't mention that likes to intercept, not real good on wrapping folks up. Believe me, and many of you know this, I am trying real hard to be positive.

With the players in Athens, some to be on campus shortly, maybe there will be some of us that are going to like what we see. Yes, I know that we go through this talk every off season, but I don't remember having talent like this in Athens in a very long time. If I am wrong, on the talent thingy . . . enlighten, please. :)

No Excuses, Coach Them Up . . . . :)

More
11 years 10 months ago #46885 by wlayton
Buc, in my 45+ years of following UGA football, I've never seen more talent in Athens at one time. Also agree with you about having someone who can pound it up inside if need be, especially to put a game away when their D is tired. KM fits the bill and hopefully will be a nice "compliment" to IC. Like knowing we have a RB that can get that 2-3 tough yards for 1st downs/TD's.

Pretty exciting.......just hope the coaches don't "overthink" with all the options around them........just give AM some leeway to distribute the ball to his playmakers and they will be very hard to stop.......uh......Aaron, please make good decisions.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 10 months ago #46886 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
And Todd Gurley isn't even on campus yet. I sure hope he can get up to speed fast - from the sounds of it, that won't be far off. I like this football talk! B)

• thriller
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 10 months ago #46887 by wlayton

thriller wrote: And Todd Gurley isn't even on campus yet. I sure hope he can get up to speed fast - from the sounds of it, that won't be far off. I like this football talk! B)

Pretty thrilling, huh thriller?.........(sorry, couldn't resist :silly: )

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 10 months ago #46888 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
wlayton, to answer your rhetorical question, YES IT IS! :woohoo:

• thriller
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds