Forum

Let's hope this pans out . . .

11 years 10 months ago #46889 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
I'm with you thriller......this thread kinda gets your blood going.

Just stay out of trouble guys.....look no further than Blackmon right here in Jax.....GEEEEEEZ !!! :angry: :(

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #46890 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
Partial post from wlayton . . .

Pretty exciting.......just hope the coaches don't "over think" with all the options around them........just give AM some leeway to distribute the ball to his playmakers and they will be very hard to stop.......uh......Aaron, please make good decisions.

Totally agree with the Aaron, please make good decisions. duck is probably on board with that statement.

AM is coming into this season as a Junior, he does have an arm. He does have "wheels" . . . . never thought I would say this . . . . time for the "brain" to kick into gear. If AM slips this year against the "real competition" . . . I will have a problem. Main problem is AM not making "good decisions". AM this is not high school, it is not last year or the year before. There are players on this offensive side of the ball that will be drafted much higher than you. Both of us know that you will stay through your Senior Year.

AM was a very, very good leader when playing high school football at Plant. After coming to UGA he did not have anyone that he could saddle up with. Think about that. Mike Bobo/Mark Richt made that decision, as it should be. He is like most good quarterbacks, thinks that he has a serious hold on the game. Thing that AM did not know (or understand) was this . . . SEC is a long way from high school football. Did AM knew that, (?) or thought he knew that. This season, after three years on campus, we will see or the coaches will see just how good AM is or isn't. Or, we will see just how good the quarterback coach is. That is not a shot Brothers, it is simply something that I think about. AM does not shine this season, guess that I have a problem at the leadership position. That would be top to bottom.

Everyone in the SEC has Talent . . . . is our talent up to the task? . . . . Just asking . . . :)

More
11 years 10 months ago #46891 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
Buc, I think you were "spot on" with AM and your assessment of him out of HS. Sure, he's made a few poor decisions but still believe he's the best QB not only in Athens but in the SEC. I feel, just as you mentioned, that this is Aaron's 3rd year and the cerebral part of his game SHOULD catch up with his physical abilities. I think we will see his leadership abilities in a big way this year.......it's time now and believe AM knows it.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #46892 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
Man I am so glad to hear football being spoken again. Don't want to hear anything about Koolaid! this should be a pretty good team to rally around, and from the way 2013 looks it could be good for a while. I'm with you on AM having the tools and knowing how to use them are two different things, some lessons come the hard way and he has had a few of those, and hopefully the learning curve is short. I still feel the OL has a way to go due to experience not talent. Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coach 'em up

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
11 years 10 months ago #46893 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .

wlayton wrote: Buc, I think you were "spot on" with AM and your assessment of him out of HS. Sure, he's made a few poor decisions but still believe he's the best QB not only in Athens but in the SEC. I feel, just as you mentioned, that this is Aaron's 3rd year and the cerebral part of his game SHOULD catch up with his physical abilities. I think we will see his leadership abilities in a big way this year.......it's time now and believe AM knows it.

wlayton, one of the stats that I have overlooked/not mentioned is height. Not everyone can be a Drew Brees at 5'10" or 11" and be the best. Anyone that thinks that you have to to be 6'3" or taller than that . . . . has nothing to do with understanding where to place the football. Think that is called "touch". A quarterback can be 7' tall with all of the talent in the world, just one thing missing . . . . 6'5" 270 or so coming full steam after you, could care less that you are 4 or 5 inches taller.

Still comes back to "seconds on the clock". Myself, watch and count time from the "snap" to "release" or "handoff". Don't get me wrong on this, I am not sure that Mike Bobo understands that. I think he does, but . . . . Mike played the position (QB) that was a different time. I do not believe that AM has been released to play "his game". Just a thought. Can pull some posts up from three years back that question standing in the pocket without, and you understand this, "a front wall".

More
11 years 10 months ago #46894 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .

wlayton wrote: just hope the coaches don't "overthink" with all the options around them.........

Think we're safe there...not much chance of Bozo overthinking anything--that requires too much thought. Confusing himself into an unconscious stupor, maybe, but no overthinking.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulldawg36869

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds