Forum

QB?

18 years 2 months ago #498 by TopDiggidyDawg
Replied by TopDiggidyDawg on topic Re: QB?
I personally want Joe Cox to start, but there could be the chance of him transfering over. If Joe Cox does transfer, then I would give the new-comer a chance and start him.

How 'Bout Dem SEC Champion Dawgs!?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 years 2 months ago #499 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: QB?
Yes, he played at Independence HS in Charlotte. As their QB, JC connected numerous times with teammate MoMass and together helped IHS obtain another NC State HS Championship. Yes, Independence currently holds the Nations longest winning streak. Likewise, Independence was the former home of both Leake (sp) brothers and has and will continue to produce quality athletes for Div I teams.

I've never personally met JC. I do, however, know a family that is very close with the Cox family. They were UNC fans, until JC took an interest in UGA. Now, this family has visited Athens a few times and are completely converted Dawg fans. I say this in order to dispel concern on a JC transfer. From what I've been told, JC is a dawg, die hard to the core and spent a tremendous amout of time with Shockley to develop. I need not tell anyone the level of commitment Shock gave to UGA. Suffice to say, with such a tutor, I would be surprised if JC transferred. JC worked long and hard before and during last season to learn CMR's system and develop team relationships. I'm told that he has been very impressive to the coaching staff.

While much acclaim and accolate has been associated with the recruitment of Matthew Stafford, he is still largely an unknown. He very well could be the next Elway, or not, either way I doubt we see it this year. I believe that battle will occur in 07, with the better of the two taking the lead role. It is a win-win for UGA and I have full faith, not only in the decision making, but ability of CMR to craft both of these fine men into quality, contributing teammates and athletes.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
18 years 2 months ago #500 by jwthompson1962
Replied by jwthompson1962 on topic Re: QB?
I think we will see a vigorous QB battle during the spring between Cox and Stafford. And we all know CMR will start the one whom performs the best overall. I like JC, but I'm totally excited about what I have read and learned about Stafford. This kid, if he lives up to his billing, could be a serious Heisman canidate before his college career is over! This kid has record breaking potential!

As for Joe T, I like JT, he plays with a lot of heart and desire, and is one tough DAWG! But, as much as I like him, I just don't think he is a starting QB in the SEC.

Blake Barnes, I really don't know that much about him. I did have a conversation with a dude that lives in the same area of mississippi that BB hails from. He told me that, although BB was pretty good, in his opinion he thought he was a tad overated.

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds this spring. Heck! I'm already getting excited about next season!!

• jwthompson1962
  • Visitor
18 years 2 months ago #503 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: QB?
Ya know this QB thing will work itself out. The guy that performs to the expectations of the coach will start, really I don't much worry about it, seems the candidates all have the potential to get the ball down the field. The key, fellow DAWGS, is the receivers! How many dropped passes did we see last year after DJ put the ball in their hands? You can have a great QB but if the guy he's throwing to drops it, the QB will ALWAYS get the blame. No doubt MoMass is special, I saw him catch things that were really special. Kid has great concentration and abilities to adjust to the ball. We really need for others to step up. I'd like to see us hit receivers in stride and see us stretch the field. That my fellow DAWGS is something that makes opposing defenses really nervous and respect the passing game. To do that we have to have receivers that can get open with some speed. Believe me speed kills. When that happens the backs have a real fun time carrying the pigskin. DBs have to give lots of cushion, or double a guy because of speed. Greene was a student of the game and a very good reader of defenses. He always knew who was doubled and who was single coverage. Before the snap he knew who was going to be open and who was not. That's why he was so successful in my book. He did have a little help from Fred Gibson and Reggie Brown. Gonna be interesting no doubt next year.

More
18 years 2 months ago #504 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: QB?
recxeivers are going to be the biggest issue on offense, next to the O-Line. Sean Bailey is out for the season, and Bryan Mclendon graduated. MoMass has already shown what he can do. Now kenneth Harris and A.j. Bryant have to step up and catch passes if we want any hope of a winning season. If they execute, I don't see any reason why it can't be another great Dawg Season. GO DAWGS!

• jacketexterminator24
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 2 months ago #505 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: QB?
Just found this out this morning. Kirby Smart,Our running backs coach, is leaving for the Miami Dolphins. Thats a damn shame. I could really see him being part of some RB's lives on and off the field. But, good luck to Mr. Smart, and I hope CMR is as good at recruiting coaches as he is at recruiting players. GO DAWGS!

• jacketexterminator24
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds