QB? was created by jacketexterminator24
Curious to see who'll come out on top.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• jacketexterminator24
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago #473 by WSR
Replied by WSR on topic Re: QB?
Georgias quarter Back for the next four years will either be Mathew Stafford a Number 1 ranking in the nation out of high school at his positon. I belive that given the chance he will become the next Matt Leinart. If anyone looked but he also had 38 touchdowns and 6 interceptions for his high school team this year.

Joe. T and Mathew stafford will fight for the postion but Mark Richt will give both a chance.
But also don't give up on Joe cox.
He is originated from the grreat state of Georgia.

• WSR
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago #474 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: QB?
and gave his very best against UF, I do not believe that he has "all" the qualities to be an SEC starting QB. I may be wrong, and if so, will openly admit same herein. However, given the talent sitting next to him, Joe Cox, and the incoming talent to be found in Matthew Stafford, I firmly believe that spring practice will revolve around the war between Cox and Stafford for the starting position with JTIII and Barnes being eclipsed.

From what I've read about Stafford, he is a true STUD, with a keen sense for the game, the field AND his opponents. Like DJS, he is a dual threat, with a friggin' cannon for an arm. IF, and that is a HUGE IF, Stafford earns the starting spot it is because all that he is reported to be is TRUE!!!...If not, then I suspect his failure to start surrounds learning CMR's rather complex system. THIS IS WHERE COX HAS THE LEAD!!!

Now, I'm not saying that Cox is a distant second in the talent department, he is likewise a STUD, plus he has worked very hard learning the system and developing team chemistry. Suffice to say that the next several years look VERY promising and extremely competitive at QB. I fully expect Stafford to earn the starting spot for 2007, with hushed mutterings of Heisman mentioned around his name....He truly is THAT DAMN GOOD!!!! FWIW: Stafford enrolled early (Jan, 06), is currently on-campus and has already begun making a name for himself...Spring is going to be REAL interesting!!!!!!!!!

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Cox starting, JTIII back-up, Stafford red shirting, and Barnes transferring!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
18 years 3 months ago #491 by DawgNeil
Replied by DawgNeil on topic Re: QB?
Went with Cox.

Stafford may be great but he won't be great next year.

He will have a much steeper learning curve then some want to think

• DawgNeil
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago #492 by WSR
Replied by WSR on topic Re: QB?
Mathew Stafford is from the great state of TEXAS the boys from texas play the best high school football in the nation. They play hard and practice hard in 100 degree heat Mathew Stafford will be ready to take the postion next year Georgias coaching staff will have him ready to go against any team in the nation.

We will get the chance to see who else Georgia will pick up.
The sleeper picks will have the Georgia in top 10 in recruiting

• WSR
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago #496 by Elvisdawg
Replied by Elvisdawg on topic Re: QB?
Joe Cox, didnt he go to Independence High in Charlotte NC, home of the Nations longest high school winning streak ? I didnt understand the Georgia connection in a prior comment. Was he born the great state and move to Charlotte ? I am pretty sure he was throwing to Mo-mass in HS,,,IN ANY EVENT,,,,,,GO DAWGS !!!!!!!

There is no greater stadium than Sanford, no greater running back than Walker and nothing greater in all of football than being a Georgia Bulldog !

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds