Forum

Good Job

16 years 10 months ago #4593 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Good Job
Yes, Barnes is #3. Also great to have a backup like Cox.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #4595 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Good Job
With a backup like Joe Cox -- the #1 HS quarterback in the country when we recruited him and a guy who only needed one quarter to beat Colorado -- you're right, we shouldn't need to go to Blake Barnes anytime soon. And in my mind -- because I don't think both Stafford and Cox will get hurt -- I'd say the #3 quarterback at least in practice is Logan Gray. Barnes should have already transferred to a 1-AA school and it boggles my mind that he hasn't.

The loss of Tripp Chandler is what worries me. He had no real competition for the starting job coming out of spring practice and in my mind, he should have gotten the starting job after the Mississippi State game last year. And it's not like those two games he's suspended for are cupcakes, either -- SCarolina and RxAlmaMater. And unlike my hometown Carolina Panthers, the Dawg offense does make use of the tight end as a pass-catcher as well as for blocking.

Hopefully we can muscle through the first two games. If we can't, I can assure you it won't be because the tight end game wasn't working. Mostly I'm upset because our starter acted stupid and got caught acting stupid.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 10 months ago #4597 by wlayton
dapolla, you watch, CMR and Bobo will come out in 3 and 4 wide receiver sets while Chandler is suspended and throw the ball all over the place which will also open the running attack for Lumpkin and Moreno.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 10 months ago #4599 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Good Job
Hey wlayton, with Sean Bailey back and healthy and the way he was able to catch DJ all over the field, I wouldn't be surprised to see him rack up unbelievable numbers now that Stafford is at the helm.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 10 months ago #4600 by wlayton
Yep, this year may be a reversal of last year's WR-ing corp. Certainly glad Sean's back as well.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 10 months ago #4603 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Good Job
Ah, the joys of being young and stupid. Starting TE on one of the best teams in the USA, and you blow it for the first 2 games because you wanted a cold beer.......

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds