Forum

Too little too late. Why, why, why? Diatribe & Poll Ques

18 years 4 months ago #454 by bchristian
What the heck happened? I am so disapointed. I almost turned off the game when the score was 28-0 but I let hope stay alive and this is how I am repaid.
Why didn't they prepare for a fake punt? It was obvious to me. I even told my wife to look out for a fake punt. Why didn't they call a timeout before the clock got down under 2:00 minutes? Why weren't they prepared for this inferior team? Why do we pay these coaches so much if they can't figure out this stuff better than somefans?
I just want to crawl in a hole and hide until next year. This really tarnishes an otherwise very good season.
Winning the SEC is great, but it would be nice if RRicht cold get get these guys ready for the Gators, Auburn, and especially a Big East team like West Virginia.
West Virginia was ready. Georgia was not! The comeback was impressive, but it was only needed because Georgia was NOT READY and let W.V. score 28 unanswered points! I am disgusted, tired and depressed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• bchristian
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 4 months ago #455 by ahampton
I can't believe Richt didn't think of a fake punt. We were just outcoached and out hustled on the field tonight. WV wanted it more and GA thought they could mail it in. I'm disappointed with tonight but still love my DAWGS!

• ahampton
  • Visitor
18 years 4 months ago #456 by quedawg
What it boiled down to was individual mistakes that killled the team effort. The fumble at 14-0 that WV turned into a TD, the defensive scheme that gave up thier last TD ( a 50 yd plus run at that), and no pressure on the punt that allowed that fake to be successful. I mean after the fake punts we have seen this season on us and ones we have used, did anyone on the sideline yell "watch the fake"? Still love them Dawgs and wouldn't trade them for the world.

• quedawg
  • Visitor
18 years 4 months ago #457 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: Too little too late. Why, why, why? Diatribe & Poll Ques
It truly was a disappointment. The coaches are to blame for this loss. When you hav over a month to prepare for the spread option and you come out in the first quarter playing like they're going to pass the ball every play, somethings horribly wrong with the coaches and preparation. I hate to say it, but the SEC does not have the best or the fastest defence in the nation. Not based on that game. The Dawgs have more than enough talent on that team and the coaches simply failed to use it. I hate to say it Dawg Nation, but it's looking like rough roads ahead for our beloved BullDawgs. For what it's still worth, GO DAWGS!

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
18 years 4 months ago #458 by TopDiggidyDawg
I don't think that anyone is to blame for this loss. It takes a team effort to win and to lose.

GO DAWGS!

How 'Bout Dem SEC Champion Dawgs!?

More
18 years 3 months ago #465 by jwthompson1962
You really can't place the blame on one certian person or aspect of the game for the loss. A lot of things didn't go well. We had problems stopping the run. Richt and the staff really could prepare for that spread option as much as you would have them to. Not many teams run that offense, so there is really not much to gauge by. It's hard to prepare for something you don't see during the season. (Don't give me the crap about Urban Meyer and UF, as they really didn't run it this year) You just do the best you can. I do think the staff should have been looking for the fake punt. With that kind of team, you have to. We didn't tackle well at all. Cough the ball up twice early in the game that lead to 14 points. But, our guys showed heart and mental toughness to stay at it and not give up when it look like it was going to be a blow out. They fought back and had a real chance to pull it out in the end.

• jwthompson1962
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds