Forum

Okla. State Linebacker Chris Collins

16 years 10 months ago #4481 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Okla. State Linebacker Chris Collins
I couldn't agree with you all more. I have a 13 year old daughter... and this all just disgusts me. :sick:

This guy should never have been brought to Stillwater, and he certainly shouldn't be on the team after being indicted.

GATA! Woof!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4482 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Okla. State Linebacker Chris Collins
elliottsadler+dawgfan wrote:

Absolutely not!!! I know it's innocent until proven guilty

\"Innocent until proven guilty\" only applies in a court of law. I'm a UGA employee. I have absolutely no doubt that if I were involved in a sexual assault that UGA wouldn't wait until the court proceedings were complete to fire me. Playing football is a privilege, not a right. It is a privilege that should be taken away in this case.

There are many Pokes fans who feel the same way y'all feel.

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4483 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Okla. State Linebacker Chris Collins
Man, have times changed..........

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 10 months ago #4494 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic This is a No-Brainer!!!!
The alleged crime and all associated perpetrators are completely separate from the arena of college athletics; unless said occurred as party to or associated with an authorized college function. That being said, OSU should immediately disassociate itself from the legal proceedings by placing Mr. Collins on long term suspension pending the legal outcome.

The trial and the run up therein, will be a media circus and a definite distraction. OSU would due itself no service by placing their institution; by association, in the same circumstance of defending their decision not to suspend Mr. Collins. Likewise, breaking news and possible last minute confessions and \"deals\" as is often part of any legal proceeding, would have an immedaite affect on the OSU season, giving a savvy reporter ample opportunity to put a camera in the face of some unsuspecting OSU player for any \"wordy\" sound byte!

If OSU doesn't immediately disassociate itself, they will be taking a huge risk, regardless to the worth Mr. Collins' may or may not bring to the team.

On the matter of the charges, I am personally affronted with allegations that involve minor children. Being the father of a 12 year old GIRL, I simply cannot fathom any young adult looking upon a child in sexual manner. Yes, I'm well aware it occurs, but given the described circumstances indicated, this situation sounds more like a premeditated incident, making it all the more sick and depraved. If these young men are found guilty, then they deserve the full bearing of the legal system!!! Regardless to the possible use of consent, how much consent can a 12 year old actually comprehend??? Certainly no where near what she ultimately subjected herself to. This will be something that will follow her for the remainder of her life....Lord, look what we've become!?!?!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
16 years 10 months ago #4495 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:This is a No-Brainer!!!!
Amen, brother !!

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 10 months ago #4499 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:This is a No-Brainer!!!!
In Texas, where the assault occurred, a 12 year CANNOT consent. The 12 year old representing herself as older is not a defense in Texas, either.

It is just sickening and disgusting. I'm an Oklahoma State alum, but if this is handled wrong it could be enough to make me dissociate from my alma mater forever.

:sick: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds