Forum

Okla. State Linebacker Chris Collins

16 years 10 months ago #4470 by RxCowboy
Okla. State Linebacker Chris Collins was created by RxCowboy
I'd like to hear comments from Dawg fans on this... how would you feel if this were a Georgia player?

From the Texarkana Gazette
Officials debunk rumor
by Lynn LaRowe

Officials with the Bowie County District Attorney’s Office say there is no truth to rumors that aggravated sexual assault charges have been dismissed against a former Texas High football standout. Blogs on sports Websites claim the charges are expected to be dropped against Christopher Collins, a linebacker for Oklahoma State University. “There will be two trials, but no charges have been dropped and there are no plans for doing so,” said Bowie County Assistant District Attorney Nicole Habersong. Collins, along with three others, is alleged to have had sex with an intoxicated 12-year-old girl at an after-prom party in a Texarkana, Texas, hotel room in 2004. DNA from all four of the accused was identified by the crime lab following an analysis of evidence collected from the alleged victim’s body and clothing, according to court documents. Collins, along with Jabari Jackson and brothers Aaron Johnson and Charles Johnson, has been indicted on charges of aggravated sexual assault. Aaron Johnson and Charles Johnson will be tried together. Collins and Jackson will face the same jury some time after the Johnson brothers’ trial.

Collins, who was 17 at the time of the alleged crime, has been charged as an adult. Texas law says a person must answer to criminal charges in the adult judicial system once their seventeenth birthday has been reached. Collins and Jackson, who was 18 at the time of the incident, are scheduled to return to court for pre-trial hearings next week. Aaron Johnson and Charles Johnson, who were 27 and 18 years old respectively at the time of the alleged crime, are scheduled to return to court in August. According to court records, Collins and Charles Johnson drove the alleged victim and her 15-year-old friend from the victim’s neighborhood to a Texas-side hotel where the after prom party was being held during the early morning hours of May 23, 2004. The 12-year-old became intoxicated after being given orange juice mixed with vodka. The hotel room and the alcohol were provided by Aaron Johnson.

The girls were dropped off about a block from the alleged victim’s home about 6:30 a.m. The alleged victim complained of pain, had scratches and bruising on her neck and shoulder and was missing her panties, according to court documents. The 12-year-old’s mother took her to a local emergency room where a sexual assault examination with a rape kit was performed. The girl was sexually assaulted in various ways, according to court documents. The panties were later recovered by investigators and sent to the crime lab for testing. Jackson admitted having sex with the girl and was arrested May 26, 2004. He was released on a $40,000 bond. Witnesses reported seeing Collins having sex with the girl, court documents say. A warrant was issued for Collins on May 27, 2004. He was released on a $40,000 bond.

On Nov. 28, 2005, officials with the Texarkana, Texas, police department received a letter from the Texas Department of Public Safety Crime Lab in Garland, Texas. DNA samples collected from the victim’s body matched the DNA of Jackson and Collins as well as DNA from Aaron Johnson and Charles Johnson. Warrants for the arrests of the Johnson brothers were issued on Dec. 1, 2005. Both men were released on $100,000 bonds. If convicted of aggravated sexual assault, the defendants face five to 99 years or life in a Texas prison.

GATA! Woof!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4471 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Okla. State Linebacker Chris Collins
On something like this, FOOTBALL is totally irrelevent !!!!!! This is a disgusting act that, if guilty, they should all be put UNDER the jail. Keep them there for life as far as I'm concerned. Whether consent was involved is also totally irrelevent, 12 and 15 years old !!!! With the DNA evidence, it looks like bye-bye to those young men. Man, every generation just seems to get worse. Excuse my attitude but I have 2 daughters.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 10 months ago #4472 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Okla. State Linebacker Chris Collins
Would you want this guy playing until \"the legal process has taken its course\"?

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4475 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Okla. State Linebacker Chris Collins
Absolutely not!!! I know it's innocent until proven guilty, but his DNA was matched and his friend admitted to having sex with a 12-year old, so if I were the coach, that would be enough for me to excuse him from the team.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 10 months ago #4477 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Okla. State Linebacker Chris Collins
NO.

Let's assume Collins didn't do anything, ok? What kind of person would sit there and allow a friend to sexually assault a TWELVE YEAR OLD !!

NO, he's GONE. Hopefully to jail for a LONG time.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 10 months ago #4480 by Dawgforlife
Replied by Dawgforlife on topic Re:Okla. State Linebacker Chris Collins
Those two guys are disgusting. First of all, why would anyone let there friend even bring kids of those ages to a party where they knew what was going on. I understand your anger wlayton cause you have 2 girls to worry about. I feel that they are guilty and should get the 99 years without the chance of parole cause if it was my daughter i would give him a fair sentence that seemed right to me.

• Dawgforlife
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds