Forum

Ranking BCS Coaches

17 years 1 week ago #4314 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Ranking BCS Coaches
Only 6 years, it takes time (actually can argue that the '02 SEC championship team was the best in the country, they would have beat OSU or Miami). He has been stockpiling the talent and he's getting ready. Coaches that have won recent NC's? Brown won one 2 years ago and if you are referring to Carroll, ok, yes he deserves to be ranked ahead of CMR AND he IS ahead of CMR in the poll I just mentioned.

Ok, a question to you then.......who had you rather have at UGA than CMR? Many people felt this way about Dooley in the '70s (you probably weren't even born then), so how do you percieve Dooley ?

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 week ago #4315 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Ranking BCS Coaches
I might take Rich Rodriquez but that is about it.

That ranking was stupid. Anyone who ranks Bill Callahan in the top 50 is a moron.

More
17 years 1 week ago #4319 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Ranking BCS Coaches
wlayton wrote:

Ok, a question to you then.......who had you rather have at UGA than CMR?

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of HCMR. I think he is a great coach, and the right man for Bulldog football. I think he has done a fantastic job winning 3 division championships and 2 conference championships in the past 5 years. I think he will eventually win a BCS championship, it is just a matter of time.

But we can't rank coaches based on what we think they will do, we can only rank them on what they've done.

Many people felt this way about Dooley in the '70s (you probably weren't even born then)

LOL... I wish that were true. But the grey in my beard says it just ain't so...

;)

so how do you percieve Dooley ?

I've only followed Georgia football since moving to Georgia 4 years ago, so I can't say I know much about Dooley. I know he is spoken of in hushed and reverent tones by Georgia fans, so I will speak of him thusly was well.

;)

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 1 week ago #4321 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Ranking BCS Coaches
RxDawgboy, the poll that I mentioned CMR ranked 4th isn't a ranking based on what they think a coach will do, it IS based on what they have done...........no don't start all over again, I can think of only one RECENT (as you say) NC coach that should be ranked ahead of CMR and that is Carroll. Besides Carroll, they had Urban Myer (that has his NC) ranked ahead as well in winning percentage.

I'm with you kentdaddy on that ranking in the article.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 1 week ago #4328 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Ranking BCS Coaches
Yeah wlayton..............

That list is like ranking the 50 greatest states in the US and having Rhode Island or North Dakota as #1. Pete Carroll deserves a high ranking because he has won against that supr tough competition out west playing flag football and two hand touch. I also am constantly impressed with USC and how they win what with the busy schedule of awards shows like the Oscars, Golden Globes, Granny and the like. Those guys can multitask.

Spurrier is a good coach. I hate him and want to beat him, but he is a good coach.

Jim Tressell is a function of OSU playing in a division III conference.

Lloyd Carr is always about to get fired so he cannot be taken seriously.

Urban Liar is a decent coach. I am waiting for him to go Saban and move to another program now that he has achieved his goal here.

Bob Stoops is pretty good. He gets kids the great paying after school jobs.

Charlie Weiss is a good coach. I just hate ND so I will stop there.

Phil Fulmer.............the great pumpkin...................my mother told me not to make fun of retarded people.

Nick Saban is a great salesman.............

Les Miles seems to be OK.

I really cannot think of anyone else who is worth a crap other the Rodriguez at WVU who I think is the best in the country.

More
17 years 1 week ago #4329 by swamphox
Replied by swamphox on topic Re:Ranking BCS Coaches
talented yes...national championship talent levels? no...this year couldve been if pope and charles johnson werent in the NFL

• swamphox
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds