Forum

Hello? Is this thing on?

17 years 3 weeks ago #3969 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Hello? Is this thing on?
OK GUYS !!! The Masters is over, now let's talk UGA football. I can keep it fairly short and sweet. I've been watching UGA football for over 40 years and I have never seen the Dawgs with so much raw talent. Stafford had a good game and IS the man without a doubt. Cox is a great safety net but you can definitely see the difference in awareness, reaction and all around quality. He could start for some teams but not with Stafford there. Moreno.......very impressed with him especially for a spring game. The guy is ripped, strong,can make you miss and believe he can take it to the house. Had several solid runs. Southerland is THE best FB in the country, period. He can run, catch, block.....solid kid. Chandler really showed me a lot, he had a great game with the great hands we ALL heard he had during practices last year but not in the games. He's supposedly the most matured player on the team. Ward will have a hard time beating him out and I can't believe I'm making that statement. Durham, MAN Durham had a great game with great hands. scored 2 TD's. He will play a bunch next year. MoMass made a couple of catches and will be just fine this year. Believe his play at the end of last year renewed his confidence. Lumpkin is a horse(also looks like he's trimmed down just a little bit, looked great, quick). He's going to have a great year especially with Moreno adding his style to the running game. They will be similar to Brown and Cadillac at Auburn a couple of years ago, very similar. Rashad Jones is the next all-american at UGA. The kid is EVERYWHERE. One pick, almost another and possibly a third if the throw had been on target. Did get sucked in on one play on a halfback pass that scored over his head when he was too aggressive on the fake run. He hit JJ (which is about 230lbs) on a run and stopped him dead in his tracks, looked like Thomas Davis on that hit, super aggressive player and is going to be a great one. The depth on this team is so evident. They almost have too many players in some positions, nice problem to have though. Very deep in the secondary, RB, WR. Our LB's are SO talented BUT raw (with the exception of Miller in the middle). Miller is in his perfect position playing MLB, big and strong against the run and the outside LB's, Dewberry, Ellerbe are so guick and fast. Think Hebron will be the same once well. DT's are a strong point but not real sure about our DE's, we'll see. Also think Wilson is going to get a lot of playing time at WR. You can really see talent there and Mikey Henderson made a great TD play on a long pass. He'll be a great quick strike player that we need. BTW, they also had Moreno back catching one punt...hmmmm. Let me hear what ya'll think as well. Guys, UGA is going to be just fine !!!!

Oops.......the OL. The 1st team OL looked pretty good as a whole. Thought they especially run blocked very well. Believe we are going to be pleasantly surprised by their play this year. It really looked to me that this new OL opened bigger running lanes for the backs than last year. Maybe it's Searles coaching style etc but they seemed to really get good movement of the DL to open lanes for the backs. I'll tell you one thing though.....they definitely \"look\" like beasts, man are they big. Sturdivant is like 6'5\", 330 lbs etc, they ARE big. Again we'll see but for only being together 15 days, I though the 1st team OL looked pretty good. QB's had time to throw as well but....only a spring game.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #3970 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Hello? Is this thing on?
Sounds GREAT!!!!! Thanks for the update, wlayton. Now I really can't wait for football season!!!!

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

• sadlerdawg
  • sadlerdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #3971 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:Hello? Is this thing on?
Great report wlayton. Can't leave this board without saying how much I enjoyed the Masters. A great ending to a tough four rounds.

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #3972 by wlayton
Hey sadler+dawg and Buc, I had forgotten the OL so I added to my post with a small update on them as well.

Yeah Buc, a great Masters and I especially liked what Zach Johnson had to say.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #3973 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:Hello? Is this thing on?
wlayton wrote:

Hey sadler+dawg and Buc, I had forgotten the OL so I added to my post with a small update on them as well.

Yeah Buc, a great Masters and I especially liked what Zach Johnson had to say.

wlayton, this was a good read. Totally agree with you on the last paragraph. REFRESHING.

www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgerenquir...georgia/17047665.htm

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #3974 by wlayton
Amen, Buc

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds