Forum

Hello? Is this thing on?

17 years 3 weeks ago #3963 by sadlerdawg
Hello? Is this thing on? was created by sadlerdawg
Is my computer broken? Where's all my G Day posts? I read a little bit on georgiadogs.com, but I want the real reporting from you guys in the trenches.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• sadlerdawg
  • sadlerdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #3964 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Re:Hello? Is this thing on?
I am waiting as well. I saw couple of quick clips on the news but I want to hear from those who were there.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

17 years 3 weeks ago #3965 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Hello? Is this thing on?
Yeah, I was surprised espn actually covered it, but it was only about 30 seconds worth. They showed a great run by Moreno and a 60 yd pass by Stafford.

• sadlerdawg
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #3966 by dawgs511
Replied by dawgs511 on topic Re:Hello? Is this thing on?
Were you looking for a report? This is what PayneHall said about it on dawgpost.com

For anyone who could not see the game, my thoughts

Lots of big plays.

Reshad Jones had a pick, almost had another, and had at least one big hit that reminded me of one Thomas Davis made in the Georgia Southern game one year.

Moreno had a lot of carries, a lot of yards without a single really long run, but has a burst unlike any UGA running backs on recent teams. He also had a big blitz pick up. Coach Richt said during the game that he had a really rare knack of \"getting skinny\" when he ran through holes. He meant that as a genuine compliment. That said, Lump looked in mid-season form. He is not going to get you an 80 yd touch, but he will move the chains.
36 looks like an All America at fullback. Had a couple of big plays.

Trip Chandler looks like he is ready to be the next NFL tight end. Good hands and really looked athletic, a long strider in the open field. The two young fullbacks, Chapas and Munz could easily transition to TE. They are big enough and real strong. Good hands and willing blockers.

Kris Durham and Tony Wilson looked good. Especially Durham with two entirely different kinds of touchdown catches. One diving, just off the ground catch and one caught in the open field where he broke or stepped through tackles for about a 60 yard run. Wilson had 4 or 5 catches. Some of them twisting fingertip jobs.

We can win with Joe Cox, but he is not in the same league with Stafford.

The red team offensive line, which looked like first team personnel, looked like they would be better than that bunch last year. Sturdivant won't embarrass himself. He is quick and powerful through the lower body, especially the butt and thighs. He needs about 10-15 lbs. in the upper body, but he is going to be hard to beat out. On the other offensive line, Justin Anderson and Vance looked like SEC players in the making. Who is, I think his name is, Mickey White? He played guard on the white team, had a low center of gravity and natural strength.

Let me organize my notes and thoughts and I will post some more on the defense.

• dawgs511
  • Visitor
17 years 3 weeks ago #3967 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Hello? Is this thing on?
Thanks, 511, I was looking for a report. I think wlayton and some of the guys going said they would give us the in-depth insider's analysis.

• sadlerdawg
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #3968 by dawgs511
Replied by dawgs511 on topic Re:Hello? Is this thing on?
Yeah, I watched it on tv. I felt like our offense was impressive, but our defense, not so much. We should be fine though by fall B)

• dawgs511
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds