Forum

'Dem Lady Dawgs

17 years 3 months ago #3419 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Well,....
sadler+dawg, I know that there are Alumni groups and parties in the Charlotte area; I do not attend, however, as the Dawgs are a family thing and if I'm not at the games with my grandfather and uncle I'm watching them on tv with my father and brother and kids.

Back to the topic of this thread: GO LADY DAWGS!!! They laid around a 20 point smackdown on the Lady Gators on Sunday. Also, the men's bball team has beaten two ranked opponents in a row (UK and LSU)...should they be ranked now?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 months ago #3420 by dawgystyle
Replied by dawgystyle on topic Re:Well,....
yea they should be ranked now but college basketball is a lot like college football in that reputation in that particular sport have a lot to do with how people perceive your accomplishments. I was watching CSS last night and it made me a little bit mad when they started talking about UGAs resent success because they said it was caused by Kentucky and LSUs was down and everything else except that UGA basketball is doing really good.

• dawgystyle
  • Visitor
17 years 3 months ago #3423 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Well,....
Yeah, it's all about reputation, so UGa probably won't be ranked any time soon no matter who they beat. It's a shame. But, congrats to both the men's and women's b'ball teams for a solid weekend.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
17 years 3 months ago #3424 by dawgystyle
this might sound very stupid but I have a question! I'm an very big dawg football fan but have only recently started watching college basketball so I dont completely understand the sweet sixteen and all that! I heard one person say that UGA will make it to the playoffs if they finish with only 8 loses but what does the sweet sixteen have to do with the playoffs?

• dawgystyle
  • Visitor
17 years 3 months ago #3425 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Well,....
They are referring to the final sixteen teams (\"sweet 16\" ) in the NCAA Basketball Championship playoffs that start in March. Also the person referring to the 8 losses is assuming UGA can make it to the NCAA playoffs ( I'm assuming that's what they are referring to) with only 8 losses this year. The NCAA only invites 65 schools.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 months ago #3426 by dawgystyle
oh ok see i thought there were more than just 16 teams in the playoffs but I wasn't to sure thanks a lot for clearing that up

• dawgystyle
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds