Forum

'Dem Lady Dawgs

17 years 3 months ago #3393 by dapolla
'Dem Lady Dawgs was created by dapolla
Tasha Humphrey scored 32 last night (22 in the second half!) to lead Georgia to a 69-60 victory over the Ole Miss Lady Rebels, handing them their first SEC loss of the season. I realize that I may be the only women's basketball fan in this forum, but GO DAWGS!!!

Also, if you don't have at least the radio version of GXtra, you should GET IT! I'm up in NC and listening to Jeff Dantzler call the game was wonderful. The second half was riventing and would have been even if Ben Stein had called it, but hearing my old announcers from Athens was really comforting. Come on, you can't spare $6.95 a month?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 months ago #3394 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:'Dem Lady Dawgs
I follow the Lady Dawgs as well, like to watch them play. I love ANYTHING to do with the Dawgs.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 months ago #3396 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Actually,...
I've begun to show more interest in the Lady Dawgs as of late. I've gotta admit, my reasoning is self serving as that I've two little ones, both female and both are playing AAU/YBOA traveling bkball. As a dad that will be looking at college tuition x2 in 6-8 years, it sure would be nice to see one or both of my girls in Red and Black! Likewise, since I'm located in western NC, almost every coach uses the UT girls team to illustrate points, something that I vehemently react to....as I should!!!

GO LADY DAWGS!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
17 years 3 months ago #3398 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Actually,...
NC_Dawg, send your girls to play ball for the Lady Dawgs so they can get over the hump and start beating Pat Summit and the Vols.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 months ago #3400 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Actually,...
Glad to see such a response. I became a women's basketball fan because of UGA's success during the '90s. I'm not really all that into men's bball (although I grew up in NC and am a Duke fan, and did anyone watch the Duke-Clemson game last night? Fantastic!) but the women's game always intrigues me due to its being much more of a team effort. Another reason why Bob Johnson is the worst owner in the world: rather than selling or moving the Charlotte Sting, he simply allowed them to dissolve. WHAT?

NC Dawg, I know where you're at. My kids are 19 months apart and all I can think of is I hope they know how to spell FAFSA. 17 years from now you might see me biking between my third and fourth jobs, weeping bitterly into my long, unkempt beard as like a paperboy I hurl tuition checks left and right.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 months ago #3401 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Well,....
they've both got a ways to go before they are ready for college ball, but going the traveling team route is about the ONLY way to ensure that they can compete outstandingly at the middle and high school level. Unfortunately, most rec programs are geared more toward compassionate, everyone plays equally, tree hugging sports that promote a false sense of reality when it comes to organized sports, especially in middle and high schools and beyond. Of course, I wouldn't be spending the huge amount of time and money if either didn't show an edge. I know my bias is showing but my eldest is only 11 and she is already the best bkball player in our County. Unfortunately, I doubt she will get much taller than 5'8\" or 5'9\", but she is fast as greezed lightening, got great vision and already has a commanding sense of the floor. We'll see....Got a few other aces up my sleeve cuz both are deeply involved in organized gymnastics and soccer...Just praying that there's a \"ship\" in there somewhere!!!

I'll never understand why Johnson did what he did to the Sting. My kids were down there last season, met the players, had a practice with them, did the picture/autograph thing...they had a blast! Then again, its Charlotte, home of the former hornets, resurrected bobcats and running on empty panthers!!! Who BTW haven't been worth a damn since letting 'spoon go!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!! <br><br>Post edited by: NC_Dawg, at: 2007/01/26 11:50

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds