Forum

How would the Gator Nation have reacted?

18 years 5 months ago #320 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: How would the Gator Nation have reacted?
Can't dispute the 90s. We beat UF 8 out of 10 in the 80s, 7 out of 10 in the 70s, Uf won 6 out of 10 in the 60s and 50s, and of course we dominated the 20s, 30s, and 40s. Every dog has its day so enjoy a game this year, we've knocked UF out of #1 so thats the high point of your season good for you. We're done with the lizards this year, we've more important business to attend to that rehashing 2 missed field goals. Good luck with Stevie tomorrow.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #325 by jwthompson1962
Replied by jwthompson1962 on topic Re: How would the Gator Nation have reacted?

boys, really. You've beat us twice since 1990. Are you really still hanging onto the 40's? And jacket, I agree Spurrier might pull an upset. He's a terrific college coach, evidenced by his record against UGA. But even if we do end up 8-4 as you fantasize about (which is sad by the way, don't you have a boyfriend or something), our season is not all bad because, ahem, we knocked UGA out of contention for the national championship. DOH!!!

You did? When did that hit the wire?

• jwthompson1962
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 5 months ago #333 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: How would the Gator Nation have reacted?
Greg, that's probably the nicest thing a gator could do for us right now. Even though Texas and USC are deadlocked for the National championship, had we beat both the Gators and the Tigers I wouldn't want to go to the National championship. We would be the laughing stock of college Football. Our defense isn't all bad, but our run defense is horrible(see Auburn Game and UF game and Ark. Game). We would be blown out by the second quarter. right now i'm going to try to enjoy two more wins over the Catz and the jackets, and hopefully a win in the SECCG.

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
18 years 5 months ago #336 by jwthompson1962
Replied by jwthompson1962 on topic Re: How would the Gator Nation have reacted?
I agree jacket. Although we are a good team, we are not a great team. I don't think we could play with either Texas or USC. I really don't know if we could stay with Miami. We need to get better on run defense and more consistent on offense. We have talent on both sides of the ball; but playing well every week is the key to winning championships, and right now,we do not do that. I'm still elated at the season we are having, given that we were projected to finish 3rd in the SEC East. We have some great young talent such as MoMass, and have a bright future for the program.

• jwthompson1962
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 5 months ago #340 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: How would the Gator Nation have reacted?
I am most definitley looking forward looking to next season. Not for our team, but for all of college football. Rebuilding will be happening all over the place. UGA will have an interesting transition year, but brown, ware, lumpkin, and momass are promising atheletes that can accent some good looking mup and coming Qb's we have in Barnes, Cox, and Stafford. O-Line will be a tough place to fill, but our new guys look good. D is my only question mark.

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds