Forum

David Pollack News,........

17 years 4 months ago #2753 by dawgs511
Replied by dawgs511 on topic Re: David Pollack News,........
before u do, im still confused. one thing says his future looks bright, the other one says he probably has no future. which is it? :?: :?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dawgs511
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2754 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: David Pollack News,........
He's having his vertebrae fused. Playing with fused vertebrae (in this case I believe his C6, which he broke, to his C5) increases the likelihood of another break equalling paralysis, making it extremely dangerous to play. It's the same surgery Sterling Sharpe had, which ended his career. Unfortunately, I think this is the end of the playing road for #47. However, I can definitely see someone with his energy and motivating skills as a D-line coach and eventual DC or HC. Let's wish the best to a man who also wants to teach high school and/or be a pastor.

WE LOVE YOU DAVID. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR FOUR YEARS DOWN IN ATHENS!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 4 months ago #2755 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: David Pollack News,........
The C&P I posted was from Local 12 News, which is the local news agency in Cinci. However last night and this morning, reports abound that contradict the Local 12 report!!!....Unfortunately, it appears that the later reports contain the most recent prognosis for DP; requiring spinal fusion to properly set the C6...NFL career over!!!.....This is a sad day for the Dawg Nation and my thoughts and prayers go out to the Pollack family!

While I am only a mere fan of this fine young man, I have learned that David has a very strong faith and will easily redirect his life. I seem to recall a campaign earlier to recruit Muschamp back to UGA...I say we recruit David Pollack!!! What better player, person and inspiration could we acquire? This kid had a none-stop motor, loved the game, loved the Dawgs and would be a perfect addition to our defensive coaching staff....

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 4 months ago #2757 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: David Pollack News,........
You are so right about David, he WILL be fine. He's the type of young man that can and will make it in life in any endeavor he pursues. I'm sure he would be welcomed back at UGA as some sort of a defensive assistant with the idea to learn, grow and gain valuable experience in the coaching arena with the plans to one day be a DC or HC.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2760 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: David Pollack News,........
The prognosis for his career isn't good, but he is typically upbeat and thankful that he is still able to walk and talk. No matter what he tries in his future, i am sure that he will be a success....

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2764 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: David Pollack News,........
Pollack is by all measures a great young man. I think he will be successful in whatever he chooses. I would love to see him coaching the defense. He has the passion and intensity I love.

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds