Forum

David Pollack News,........

17 years 4 months ago #2728 by NC_Dawg
David Pollack News,........ was created by NC_Dawg
For those that follow NFL dawgs, the word out of Cinci is GREAT for DP!!!

David Pollack's Halo Removed
Last Update: 12/8/2006 7:31:34 AM

Cincinnati Bengal linebacker David Pollack suffered a season-ending injury in the Bengals home opener against the Browns.

Pollack fractured his C-6 vertebrae, and was placed in a halo to stabilize his neck.

Local 12 Sports Director Brad Johansen has some good news on Pollack's road to recovery.

It has been almost 12 weeks since the hit that changed his life. Three months of being locked inside the halo to secure his vertebrae, and now, in a sense, David Pollack has been set free. The halo is gone, replaced by a solid neck brace, and very soon he may be starting rehab in hopes of returning to the football field.

On the first offensive play for the Browns in the second game of the season, Pollack lowered his head to tackle Rueben Droughns, and broke the C-6 vertebrae in his neck.

David was carted off the field but wasn't down for long. Last month we followed him through Children's Hospital as he visited patients with neck injuries. Pollack tells Brad the doctors love how the break has healed, indicating he won't need surgery to fuse the vertebrae together, leaving open the possibility of #99 returnig to the Bengals next year to play football again.

Pollack will have another MRI next week. Then, he will likely begin six to nine months of rehab. His progress will be monitored to determine when, and if, the Bengals first-round draft pick from last year can return.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 4 months ago #2730 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: David Pollack News,........
Great news

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2733 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: David Pollack News,........
Thank God. When I heard the news that he had broken his neck I wept.

Some of you may know that I am also a David Pollack. I was in grad school at UGA at the same time #47 was there; we graduated the same year. I got a lot of his fan email and we corresponded a TINY bit as regards that; I'd forward it over to him, he'd thank me, nothing too personal. Still, all of us Pollacks wear our #47 jerseys on game day and I was rather upset by this news. Glad to hear he's all right.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 4 months ago #2736 by wlayton
Do you also get his paychecks from the Bengals periodically? I wouldn't forward any of those.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2738 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: David Pollack News,........
ha, no, but I did get rather...intimate pictures of one of his young female fans, along with an invitation to sleep at her house if I(he) was ever in Florida. I declined to forward those to him, instead electing to destroy them.

People can be creepy down there!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 4 months ago #2740 by wlayton
Yes we can

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds