Forum

More coaching rumors....about UGA this time.

17 years 4 months ago #2603 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: More coaching rumors....about UGA this time.
Bowden only recruited locally when he was working for daddy....I wonder how those plans would fit in with CMR should JB join his staff......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2604 by wlayton
We don't want JB, I believe it could hurt recruiting actually.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2605 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: More coaching rumors....about UGA this time.
I agree with wlayton. Really how hard can it be to coach WRs?

Step 1...see that guy back there behind all the big men? When he throws the ball to you then catch it.

Step 2...after you catch the ball you will become popular. Try to avoid other people and run as fast as you can to that painted area of the field down there.

Step 3...line up and do it over again if we do not make it to the painted area.

Step 4...understand that we have multiple WRs and not every ball will be thrown to you. It is still your job to run your route because we won't know who gets it until we see the defense.

OK...go play.

I think I am ready. I we never master step 1 then all the fancy route running in the world won't mean a hill of beans.

I know it is a little more complex than this with multiple route options etc. but we have to start with catching the ball.

(climbing down off soapbox)

More
17 years 4 months ago #2606 by wlayton
You're still killing me kentdaddy. Based on the fact that I never saw any separation with the receivers this year at FSU, don't believe there was any fancy routes being run. Not sure JB knows any. His great receivers probably ran sandlot routes in the 90's and that's why they were so successful.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2610 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: More coaching rumors....about UGA this time.
They dont have any speed at FSU this year like they had in the 90s....thats why the wr's arent that great.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds