Forum

More coaching rumors....about UGA this time.

17 years 4 months ago #2589 by UnderDog37
Rumors are swirling down here in Seminole country that Jeff Bowden is about to join Coach Richt's staff as a receiver's coach, which was the position he occupied at FSU during their glory years while CMR was the OC there. Is there anyone out there that can confirm this or stop it before it snowballs into a big false story??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2592 by wlayton
Man, I sure hope that a false rumor. I'll check with my guy, he's got pretty good contacts.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2594 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: More coaching rumors....about UGA this time.
The guy that told me this is an alum, and he has pretty good contacts with the FSU athletic department. I hope it's a BS story, too....although FSU DID have some pretty good WR's when J Bowden was coaching them.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2599 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: More coaching rumors....about UGA this time.
If he can teach them how to catch consistently then I am all for it. That small detail may have escaped our current WR coach. I know I may be splitting hairs here but I think that is an important lesson for WRs.

More
17 years 4 months ago #2600 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: More coaching rumors....about UGA this time.
Well, like I was saying, they DID have excellent WRs in the years from 1991 to 2001......also had 2 titles and played for 2 more. I guess that means J Bowden might be better suited as a position coach.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2601 by wlayton
I agree with both kentdaddy and UnderDog37.Also the talent that FSU had at WR in the 90's were such great athletes that anyone could have coached them. They were superior athletes on the field.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds