Forum

Florida should play Ohio State for the national championship

17 years 5 months ago #2440 by GatorinGA
Wlayton, your analogy does't hold water. If it is based upon who your loss was to not who you beat then why was USC ranked No. 2 in the BCS when their loss was to an unranked team?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2441 by kentdaddy
I agree with my esteemed colleague wlaytton that this presents a sticky quagmire for the BCS committee. I think many people in the countyr are finally realizing that UM has played practically no one at all. They played OSU and lost but OSU played in the same weak conference so how good can they be?

It will be interesting. I still think Oklahoma is the big loser here. Everyone knows now that they beat Oregon. Thye likely would have been ahead of UF or Michigan and set to play OSU if not for the worst officiating disaster ever.

We need a playoff.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2442 by GatorinGA
So when are the BCS standings actually decided?
I thought it was around noon on Sunday?

More
17 years 5 months ago #2443 by wlayton
Thank you kentdaddy, I was only trying to present the SAME OLD problem from a different angle, that being that EVERYTHING ( wins, losses, the computer, polls etc) had been considered ALL year and UM stayed at #2 that created a "logics" problem. UM should have dropped below UF then there's no logics problem. GatorinGa, I wasn't making an analogy to support UM, if you look back, I was supporting UF and the SEC all the way. BTW, Oregon State has been ranked 24th and I believe finshed there with an 8-4 record, not like the were Miss. State etc.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #2444 by wlayton
addendum: kentdaddy may be making the most overlooked point in this whole BCS conversation when he talks about the OU fiasco. When you think about it, he's right. Correct call=OSU vs OU.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #2447 by kentdaddy
I haven't heard much talk about that OU vs. OSU thing on the radio. I likely would be happening if not for a bad call. I think OU has a legitimate beef. I would be yelling from the mountain if I were Stoops.

Some people think that since we are disussing this it is good for football and the BCS stays but I for one will not spend any money on another bowl game until a playoff exists. If we were going into a 4 or 8 team playoff now the excitement would be immense. We would have no down time before january for meaningful games and I personally would be going ape doo doo over the matchups.

As much as I hate UF...and I find it hard to imagine hating them any more...I would root for them for the sake of our conference and all of the SEC. I am so tired of other conferences ducking our elite teams.

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds