Forum

Florida should play Ohio State for the national championship

17 years 5 months ago #2432 by UGAChemDawg
I don't care how good Michigan is or if they are objectively the best one-loss team left standing.

They already had their shot at Ohio State and Ohio State beat them. They did not win their conference, so they do not deserve a title shot, period.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2434 by kentdaddy
You are right. They are the second best team from an inferior conference. A rematch will likely be the least watched game in history because we have seen it already. Michigan had a chance and they blew it. They are not even that good. They beat NO team that is worth a damn. ND is a fraud and so is wisconsin.

Don't get me wrong...I hate the Gators, but they are better than UM. On a positive side if UF gets hosed ole Slive at the SEC office will not be happy and maybe we get to a playoff sooner since he is also the BCS bossman.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2435 by GatorinGA
No doubt, Florida vs. Ohio State for the championship.

I would hope that all you Dawg fans would do the right thing and pull for the SEC team, no matter how much you hate the Gators.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2437 by kentdaddy
The team that is getting hosed in all this is Oklahoma. They should be a one loss team also and they woulod likely be ahead of either UF or UM because they lost earlier than either. Everyone knows they got hosed against Oregon. Even the refs admit it. I am amazed the OU people are not making more of a fuss.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2438 by GatorinGA

The team that is getting hosed in all this is Oklahoma. They should be a one loss team also and they woulod likely be ahead of either UF or UM because they lost earlier than either. Everyone knows they got hosed against Oregon. Even the refs admit it. I am amazed the OU people are not making more of a fuss.

Funny you should say that becasue Oklahoma was my preseason pridiction to win it all.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2439 by wlayton
Let me preface this comment, question, observation by saying right away that I am a SEC homer and want UF in the title game (yes, even though I'm a gator hater at the same time). Here it is: If UM was rated #2 by the voters, computer and BCS system the WHOLE season and their only loss was by 3 points (I know, should have been more BUT wasn't) to unanimous #1 team in the country and UF's only loss was to AU (#5 at the time, #11 now), it seems to me that the "system" is going to have a hard time voting UF to jump UM. Based on the WHOLE year's voting it's not very logical. I totally agree that if you don't win your conference, shouldn't be able to play for the NC and that their conference is much weaker than the SEC etc, but to avoid the logical, UM should have dropped below UF etc when they lost to OSU. Since they stayed at #2, then that has created this "logics" problem that I am referring to. This "they had their chance" statement is irrelevant UNLESS you are referring to the reasoning of they didn't when their conference (which should be a must to compete for the NC, which I agree). Just food for thought. 8:00 will be interesting.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds