Forum

A Bright Future

17 years 5 months ago #2243 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: A Bright Future

Likewise, it should come as no surprise to anyone that CMR is very outspoken about his faith and weaves same into the foundation of this program....

Of course. His mentor was Bobby "Pray or Don't Play" Bowden. I'm not indicting the man, and I think that (non-denominational) prayer before/during/after/whenever games can and does help and bring teams together. But I think that the Marilu Braswell situation is not isolated only to cheerleading.

REMEMBER BILL GOLDBERG AND MUSA SMITH! GO DAWGS OF ALL FAITHS! LET'S END THIS PORTION OF THE THREAD!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2244 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: A Bright Future
Thanks to Dawg4132, great post.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #2245 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: A Bright Future
I know we have discussed previously. Being a great man is awesome. It just is not terribly relevant to the task of winning football games. I also agree that MANY things are more important to me than how many games are won. I have that luxury. I do not coach a football team. However for Richt or any other coach, few things are more important than winning. I bet David Shula is a good and honorable man too but we see how far that gets you if you lose.

I dislike how people casually mix religion and things not remotely related. You cheapen both by doing this. God does not care who wins the SEC, NCAA or the World Cup. Lets leave god for the big problems like drugs, terrorism and flouridated water. It poisions our precious bodily fluids.

I could not let it go wlayton. Would you defend coach as vigorously if he were to convert to Buddhism?

• kentdaddy
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2250 by wlayton
It's just that of ALL the great things Dawg4132 mentioned, you always pick out the Christian part and comment negatively on it. Of the other 2 things Dawg4132 said you didn't say whether he was a good recruiter or not or whether he was a great coach or not etc etc, only about his faith. Let's just say I'm a devout Christian as well and let's close this thread.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #2252 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: A Bright Future
It just was not relevant. I appreciate evut. I also am devout in my beliefs. The thing is that most others do not care to hear about it. It actually means more when people act devout and don't just say it.

Many people are fans of UGA from all over and not all of them are the good southern baptist types. We even have Jewish and Muslim fans. I bet if we look hard enough we probably have Hindu and Buddhist fans also. Here in the south people try to interject religion frequently where it does not belong.

Keep it relevant to football.

• kentdaddy
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2254 by wlayton
you are the one continuing discussing it.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds