Forum

Who would you most like to see Georgia play in a bowl?

17 years 5 months ago #1868 by UGAChemDawg
Who would you most like to see Georgia face in a bowl?

The nice thing about the bowls this year is that alot of other quality programs are having down years, so for the Music City Bowl, which is where we are most likely headed if we beat GT, there are some big name ACC programs available that just happen to be having a down year this year.

I'm personally hoping for Miami. I hate Thug U almost as much as I hate Florida, and we don't even play them. I would love nothing more than to take a piece out of those gang bangers.

After that, I wouldn't mind another go with Florida State in a rematch of the Sugar Bowl several years ago. We need to establish a chain of victories over them so that there will be no question that student (Richt) is better than teacher (Bowden) and UGA football is simply greater than FSU football. People seem to forget that until recently (last 20 years) FSU was not considered an elite program, and was down there with UCF, Florida A&M, etc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #1872 by wlayton
FSU hasn't even qualified for a bowl yet. Also, not sure they will.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #1874 by UGAChemDawg

FSU hasn't even qualified for a bowl yet. Also, not sure they will.

I can't wait to see FSU go back to the pre-Bowden glory days of regular 3-9 seasons. I'm not sure this program will be able to recover anytime soon either. I think people in Tallahassee just assumed that CMR would take over the program after Bowden's departure, but now that he's with us, there really isn't anybody on staff with head coaching potential that could take FSU back to consisten contender status. The FSU job is also going to be quite unattractive once Bowden leaves because the new coach will be charged with the task of rebuilding the program from the ground up, and Urban Myer will be like a black hole sucking up any worthwhile recruit in that state. When CMR came to UGA, it was ripe for him to take the reins because we had already emerged as a winning program already capable of at least 9 wins on a regular basis again (for all his faults, Donnan was a significant improvement over Goff and could beat everyone except the big 4) and just needed someone to take us to the next level. There was nobody else in the state with a great team capable of attracting recruits to themselves rather than us (Tech will never be able to outrecruit us).

The same applies to Miami too. Coker's initial success was a result of Davis's rebuilding and recruiting. He can't run the show by himself, and it's doubtful that anyone else wants to. I bet they try to get Davis back again and he turns them down. There is nothing inherently attractive about the Miami job except $$$. It's a horrible place to live and raise a family, and the players (and just people from Miami in general) are disrespectful and criminal. They'll have the same problems as FSU with having to rebuild from the ground up and Florida dominating recruiting. Plus, there's the added disincentive that every road game they play is 500+ miles away (except FSU, which is about 400). That program could be in trouble for a LONG time.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #1878 by wlayton
Butch Davis is about to sign with North Carolina. Don't think he has actually signed yet because I heard he has his eye on Alabama, if that opens up (which I think they will give Shula 1 more year).

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #1883 by dapolla
I think we can beat Tech, giving us an excellent chance of being selected for the Cotton Bowl. I'd love to play someone like Nebraska or Missouri over there, something with some prestige, something in JANUARY.

But given the way we've played this year post-UAB and pre-Auburn, I'd say the Music City Bowl is our best bet. Then again, with the switchover to the ACC from the Big East for the tie-in, we could go there and lose to BC again! So yeah...does Miami have a winning record? I would have no problem whatsoever stepping on their necks. Then again, they might choose Kentucky over us because of the local draw. But god, I don't want to play in the Liberty Bowl against some rinky-dink C-USA team. And I don't think we'll make the Peach Bowl, although I suppose it's an outside possibility. Either way it's an ACC team. So give me Miami, or give me revenge against BC. I don't want any part of Clemson; I'm sure they're made they're not in Jacksonville this Dec. Maryland scares me, too; could anyone have predicted after that loss to WVU that they'd be where they are?

Miami. Yeah, Miami. Who the hell would C-USA throw at us, anyway? UTEP? I don't want Marshall...we beat them a few years ago, and we beat UAB earlier in the year although I don't think they're gonna make a bowl. Tulsa? Southern Miss? Give me a break. I want an ACC team. Maybe Va Tech.

La la la...I'm just still elated we're going to a bowl and we actually DESERVE it. 7-4 feels a heck of a lot better than 6-5.

AND BEATING AUBURN FEELS BETTER THAN A FOOTRUB FROM SCARLETT JOHANSSON!!! STOMP TECH!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 5 months ago #1900 by RR-Dawg
Off subject (dawgs in bowl), you think they'll give Ohio and Michigan a rematch in the national championship? Also, what about Arkansas and USCal. rematch?

• RR-Dawg
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds