Forum

What the AJC sez today....

17 years 5 months ago #1652 by UnderDog37
What the AJC sez today.... was created by UnderDog37
Even though I disagree with Mark Bradley on most points regarding UGA football, I think his column today was better than most of his garbage. He sed we actually played above our heads last year, considering the loss of talent from the 04 team, and that there has been no leadership this year with the exception of Tony Taylor on the defensive side of the ball. Last year, according to Bradley, we only beat 4 teams with winning records. Against teams that were ranked in the top 25 last year, we were 1-3. He sed our shortcomings were overlooked because we won the SEC. True, we did lose a lot of talent after 04. Greene, Pollack, Davis, Thurman, Brown, Gibson.....and Van Gorder. What do you think, folks?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1653 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: What the AJC sez today....
Our shortcomings must not have been too short if we won the SEC. I wish we could have the same shortcomings this year as last.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #1654 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: What the AJC sez today....
Bradley sed our defense was exposed in our losses to Auburn and to West Virginia as being a mediocre one. Basically, he is saying that we lucked out by beating LSU because we jumped on them early, because we were playing a "home" game in the dome against them, and that Les Miles had no business being in a game that big as a first year coach. Like I said, he usually spews out garbage. What I thought was good was his observation that we had lost so much talent in 04, but won , anyway in 05. However, he still sez we only won because we had a weak schedule. For the most part, he trashed us, as usual. The only way he would think we were any good would be if we were GT......God forbid!

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1655 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: What the AJC sez today....
OR, he would say we were great if GT had beaten us. AND since when is "jumping on LSU early" being lucky, I would call that being well prepared. I agree somewhat about Les Miles, he probably shouldn't be in any big game. He's looks like a deer in headlights.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #1663 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: What the AJC sez today....
I wanted LSU more than anyone else in the Championship game last year. I knew they were a paper tiger, that was evidenced by their performance against Tennessee. The only reason we didn't face Auburn was a questionable call and five FIVE FIVE missed field goals. And what the hell is he talking about with the Auburn game? We lost by ONE POINT!!! Why was everyone talking about Auburn being the best team in the SEC last year, as if they blew us out?

At any rate: our schedule was weak last year, yes. It's the only time in history we've won the SEC without beating Florida OR Auburn, yes. But look at the West last year: it was PITIFUL. I knew that coming in...whoever won the East last year was going to win the SEC. If it was us, or Florida, or even Carolina, the East was head and shoulders above the West last year. LSU and AU were ranked that high because...er...they were LSU and AU.

In terms of 2006...well...not only are WE having a down year, but EVERYONE is. College football is WAY down this year. I think it's a lack of stars, but whatever the explanation is, as a NCF fan, not just a Dawg fan, I'm waiting for next year. Last year was so tremendous, though, there had to be a letdown, right?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 5 months ago #1664 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: What the AJC sez today....
It is easy for a 125 lb unathletic columnist to make remarks like that but some have merit.

Last year we had troubles with teams with quick backs. We almost loast to a bad Arkansas team because of McFadden. Auburn beat us because of Irons and WVU just ran over us with White and Slaton. We lacked LB toughness and a ton of RBs got deep into the secondary. But in the end all that matters is you win.

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds