Forum

UF's offense

17 years 6 months ago #1458 by wlayton
UF's offense was created by wlayton
In my opinion I'm thankful for Urban's rinky dink offense because his offensive scheme ACTUALLY keeps his opponents in the game. With the talent UF has on the offensive side of the ball, a pro style offense or SOS would average 50 points per game. Even Zook would score a lot of points with that talent. Urban wouldn't be having the success he's having if it weren't for Charlie Strong and his co-defensive coordinator Matteson. Their defense overrides Urban's inept offensive scheme. I don't know about ya'll but every SEC team should be thankful for UF's offensive design, they don't blowout anybody. With their talent on offense, they could play sand-lot ball and score 50. Here's hoping they don't change that great Urban Myer spread option, ever.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 6 months ago #1463 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: UF's offense
Agreed.
No disipline on offense.
Tebow is good but he'll have his chance next year. Two QB system has never worked for anyone as it just disrupts the rhythm. The Gators' offense only looked good on a few drives. Thank God for our defense and special teams.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1466 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: UF's offense
GatorinGa, UF's defense is as good as any in the country AND defense wins championships as you well know. I wonder if Strong will be there next year? He may get a head coaching job somewhere.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 6 months ago #1469 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: UF's offense

.... I wonder if Strong will be there next year? He may get a head coaching job somewhere.

He certainly should be a head coach somewhere. Before Urban was hired, Strong's name was mentioned but I knew the Florida Alum. would not be satisfied with that as the expectations of this program can be brutal to non-performers and non proven coaches.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1471 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re: UF's offense
I think once Tebow runs that spread option like it was intended to be run the Gators are going to put up some serious points. Unfortunatly for Leak he is a round peg being forced into a square hole.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
17 years 6 months ago #1479 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: UF's offense

I knew the Florida Alum. would not be satisfied with that as the expectations of this program can be brutal to non-performers and non proven coaches.

Should that read "black coaches"?

Poor Charlie Strong. He has to deal with institutional racism from beyond the beyond.

32 teams in the NFL, and they have more black head coaches than 119 D1-A schools combined? Sly Croom, Ty Willingham and UCLA dude, whose name is escaping me right now. That's SICKENING. There are some other teams who should take a look at Charlie, like Kentucky or Ole Miss. Some of these teams, esp. Kentucky, have offensive weapons but allow 40+ points a game.

Sorry. My two cents. Poor Charlie Strong.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds