Forum

phantom face mask screwed us

17 years 6 months ago #1454 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re: phantom face mask screwed us
Ill agree that the game shouldnt have come down to a penalty. 4 turnovers and countless dropped passes is what eventually did us in. Props to the defense this week. I didnt think we could stop Tebow but we did. We totally shut him down. Gameball to the D this week for only giving up 21 points to an explosive offense. Too bad we didnt find our offensive stride until it was too late.

Go Dawgs!!!

Go Dawgs!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Getdown11
  • Getdown11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 6 months ago #1457 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: phantom face mask screwed us
Don't mean to be picky Getdown11, but we had 5 turnovers and the D only gave up 14 of the 21 points. BUT, your point is right on !!

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 6 months ago #1462 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: phantom face mask screwed us
Even if we had gotten the ball back with 2 minutes to go, what makes you think we could have moved the ball 80 yards, in 2 minutes, with receivers dropping all the passes AND we haven't really moved the ball all day. UF's defense was just too good. Sure the ref made a bad call and we would have had one last chance but the result would have been the same.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 6 months ago #1464 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: phantom face mask screwed us
Unfortunately, the rule is not very forgiving. If you even "touch" the facemask, it's a 5 yd. penalty. I agree with another poster that the fact that D. Wynn's head turned at the same time made it more noticable. A tough one to stomach if your a Dawg fan. As mentioned, take solice in the fact that there was no guarentee that they could have driven the field with no time-outs, scored a touchdown and then won in overtime. Way to many "ifs".
The match-up will be much better in the coming years.

I'll be pulling for UGA against Kentucky!

More
17 years 6 months ago #1470 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: phantom face mask screwed us
I like how UF's bhig time safety Reggie Nelson, or something like that, nailed Kenneth Harris in the middle of the endzone when stafford got that illegal forward pass penalty. I understnad that he can hit him because the ball was tipped, but for the love of god how cheap do you have to be to lay into a guy that is nowhere near the ball and doesn't even see Reggie coming? It was a vicious hit and the commentators for CBS suck for advocating such an unsportsmanlike maneuver by claiming it was "Florida's house" and "not to run across Reggie's endzone".

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds