Forum

Crystal Ball

18 years 6 months ago #124 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: Crystal Ball
I agree the MSU game was not too pretty. We did what we had to do to win. CMR was really chewing on the offense pretty good and they deserved it. We need some of that "Killer" instinct like Dawg Doc says. DJ needs to calm down, he has touch and he needs to use it, I really think he's so pumped it gets away from him as he's trying to make it happen. We had people open and the balls looked like cannons ahead of the tight end and fullback. He threw into triple coverage one time and I winced. If you have triple coverage there has to be someone WIDE open. That's the experience that DJ does not have yet but that the previous QB had.

I'm not trying to doom the dawgs, just love my hounds. If and thats a big if we stay focused, and improve, we have the chance. Its available if we control our destiny, but red zone is red zone and we need to make 6 instead of 3. UT will not give us the opportunity to make many mistakes nor will UF. Thats the next level I was talking about, we need an (2004)LSU type game for UT and UF, anything less and we'll be watching the SEC Championship game instead of being in it. Of course there are other variables that come into play like the UF and UT schedules that will be hard for them to get through.

Rooting for the Bengals tonite! UT has a hard time just playing for pride. Hope its a very physical game with claw marks all over those vole root eaters. GO DAWGS! Rest up and come to Neyland and make em go home in the 3rd quarter AGAIN! :D :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• oledawg
  • oledawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
18 years 6 months ago #125 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: Crystal Ball
I hate to say it but I have to think a Vols victory tonight would be more to the Dawgs favor. You don't want to be playing phatphil at home with consecutive losses on the road!!!

More
18 years 6 months ago #126 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Re: Crystal Ball
:( I could not believe the Vols score the next morning in the paper. The Dawgs better be ready because I believe Tenn. will be. Rick C. is better than his brother. Tighten those chin straps guys, for the war begins Oct. 10th in Knockstown. Trust the Dawgs will do the knocking.
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Member since 1999

More
18 years 6 months ago #127 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Re: Crystal Ball
:( I could not believe the Vols score the next morning in the paper. The Dawgs better be ready because I believe Tenn. will be. Rick C. is better than his brother. Tighten those chin straps guys, for the war begins Oct. 10th in Knockstown. Trust the Dawgs will do the knocking.
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: My game face

Member since 1999

More
18 years 6 months ago #128 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: Crystal Ball
ME TOO!!!! I turned it off at half time and went to bed. On the way to work this am I could not believe it. Rick Clausen is a heady QB much like Greene he manages the game well. We had better be on our A game because the UT team chemistry with RC at the helm is much better than with Ainge. I'm hoping the week off helps us get better and healthy, UT still has to play MS this Sat then us the following week. I'm hoping their depleted O line and being banged up help us also. We've got to put pressure on the UT QB and make him get out of his comfort zone. I also hope the team watched the LSU game and took note of their Urenge opponent a week from this Sat. UT is not to be taken lightly if we want to go to Atlanta. LET THE BIG DAWG EAT!!!!!GO DAWGS!!!!!

• oledawg
  • oledawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
18 years 6 months ago #129 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: Crystal Ball
The dawgs definitely have to take their A game to Obnoxville. After watching both Clausen brothers I think that RC sux worse than his elder, he just happened to have the game of his career. The Vol D is what impresses me along with Riggs Jr. After scoring 7 offensive points against UT, I will be able to to get a better grasp of the effectiveness of the pope's "highly touted" spread O after watching them take on the Tigers at home.

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds