Forum

Crystal Ball

18 years 6 months ago #118 by oledawg
Crystal Ball was created by oledawg
Based on the schedules we have a good chance to run the table, if we stay away from injuries and our offense and defense continue to improve with each game. We need to take care of business with MSU and get ready for the PUNKIN HEADS. UT is bound to lose at least 2 more SEC games. I'm looking for LSU to beat them up pretty good, then MSU gets them and we get the week off before we visit up here in Obnoxville, not to mention Bama is waiting for them at home. (Bama was one play away from beating the Urenge in Ktown last year with Croyle and the running backs hurting) UF still has to play LSU and Alabama so I see them losing before we get to them. Since the UGA/UF game is such a big deal and with the lack of depth UF has I look for UF to be on the losing end of this one too.

Still waiting for DJ to hit his comfort zone with the offense on passing. The opponents so far haven't really tested him for managing the game in critical situations. I would rather we keep the offense on the field longer than the defense. I agree with all that Momass looks outstanding so far kid has great concentration , but I still think we've dropped too many balls. I hope Pope gets his stride back like last year because he is a threat other defenses have to respect. I'd also like to see more passes to the backs out of the backfield. With our running backs getting them into the secondary quickly with the ball will create some problems for defenses coupled with DJ's ability to run and the threats from our receivers. I trust CMR's offense so I know he will provide the best we have to offer.

GO DAWGS!!!! :D :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• oledawg
  • oledawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
18 years 6 months ago #119 by Ashdawg
Replied by Ashdawg on topic Re: Crystal Ball
Oledawg, I think you hit the nail on the head. It is obivous that we sleptwalked through the MSU game tonight. I really think that we will be focused for the vowels and as happy as I am for "little vandy" I still see us going to j'ville unbeaten against the lizards. I was worried a little about the bees until they got exposed by a very good VT team today! Karma is on our side! good night . Ashdawg!

• Ashdawg
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago #120 by southgadawg
Replied by southgadawg on topic Re: Crystal Ball
I think we could run the table if we stay focused. I do agree with the sleepwalking but if we score in the redzone (2 chances for td's and we got fieldgoals) then this game is wide open. Regardless we played good tonight and hopefully learned a little. the schedule starts to stiffen a little bit now.
We need to focus on the vols and keep the train rolling.

• southgadawg
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago #121 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: Crystal Ball
I think that the AJC has described the offense best by the analogy that it resembles Atlanta's rush our traffic(gas/brake/gas/brake). Although, as usual we have tons of talent and potential we have got to convert in the red zone. Yes, the late start time in hostile teritory most likely played a factor. The references to "running the table" are quite disturbing when you think about going into Neyland stadium in two weeks against what will be a rejuvenated Tennesse defense that held Florida to one offensive touchdown. The Dawgs are capable of a huge year but we have to take it one game at the time and erase the mental mistakes that are haunting a sometimes "average at best" offense. [/quote]

More
18 years 6 months ago #122 by 516goodwin
Replied by 516goodwin on topic Re: Crystal Ball
Do not doom the dawgs by predicting they will run the table--until Richt disciplines his troops not to have consistently mindless penalties, and he actually learns to call plays in the Red Zone, Georgia will not play at the next level that they have been capable of for four years. I love the Dawgs, but I am concerned about fixable problems that seem to never get fixed. I keep looking for tangible evidence that Richt is growing as coach--he is obviously one of, if not the best, the best recruiters in the nation. I see him making the appropriate changes, however, he is young, and he consistently wins. He will win, and I look forward to watching him mature into one of the greatest coaches ever. Go DAWGS!

• 516goodwin
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago #123 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Re: Crystal Ball
MR is a very good coach, but as of yet not a great coach. I say this because he has not been able to correct problems with the team in the way of penalties, scoring from the red zone and instilling in his team a killer instinct. We have to settle for three points instead of seven all too often. This team has the capability of both running and passing the ball very affectedly, but it seems we can't do both in the same game. One excetption, that being the Bosie State game. If we don't get it together soon the Vols, The War Buzzards and the Gators are going to eat our cake. We better watch out for Vandy also. This may sound like I'm not a Dawg fan or I don't like MR, but that I assure you that is not the case. I want to win as much or more than all you guys put together, but we won't unless the coaches get these players on the same page. They must play as a team to get the job done. I would like them to run the table, but don't hold your breath on that one. Keep the faith.
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :?: :?: :?: :?:

Member since 1999

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds