Forum

What will probably happen but I hope doesn't

16 years 6 months ago #8047 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Re:What will probably happen but I hope doesn't
5. Believe: The biggest change in this series is that Georgia no longer has confidence against Florida. For Bulldogs of the Dooley years, this attitude seems nearly unthinkable.

Until Georgia (fans, players, and coaches) actually believe the Dogs will win … well, sadly they probably will not.

Step back non-believers.
quote]

Well said Miss UGA...None of us are players or coaches but as loyal fans we must do our part.
Gotta BELIEVE before you can ACHIEVE!
LET'S GO DAWGS!!! EAT SOME GATORS!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #8048 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:What will probably happen but I hope doesn't
That says it all. Hopefully these kids write their own history. Florida will soon be the best 5-3 team in the country.

More
16 years 6 months ago #8049 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:What will probably happen but I hope doesn't
Thanks for the compliment, goosedawg. I really hope I'm right also, and think I will be. This is a game to turn around the season, and I think the coaches and players (and the Dawg nation as well) know that, and are ready to turn it around. I'm really hoping Slick Willie has used the off week to realize the problem with his break-but-don't-break-too-many-times defensive mentality. He started to bring the heat in the 2nd half at Vandy and shut 'em down, so I think he'll realize that's a better system, and I think the WD-40 boys are ready to hear some good things about themselves, instead of always being the punch line.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 6 months ago #8071 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re:What will probably happen but I hope doesn't
miss_uga wrote:

.. Hit Tim Tebow: Georgia was the first team to be effective against Tebow last year and they did it by tackling him low. Georgia should make the sophomore sensation throw because the Dogs are beat if Superman controls the game on the ground...

As mentioned in a previous post, Tebow was only in for 6 snaps and it was no surprise what the plays were for all 6 snaps. I would agree with your word \"effective\" but only in the second half as he still registered 6 carries for 36 yds.The thing the Dawgs did do was force his only fumble of his career.
I have attached the six plays for your reference. Note that the first three are in the first half and the last three are the second half.

F 1-10 G34 Tebow, T. rush over left tackle for 20 yards to the UGA14, 1ST DOWN
(Kelin Johnson).
F 1-10 G47 Tebow, T. rush over left end for 3 yards to the UGA44 (Paul Oliver).
F 1-10 F24 Tebow, T. rush over left guard for 6 yards to the UF30 (Jarvis Jackson;Dale Dixson).
F 2-4 F30 Tebow, T. rush over right guard for 2 yards to the UF32 (Tony Taylor).
F 2-12 F22 Tebow, T. rush over right tackle for 2 yards to the UF24.
F 2-5 F11 Tebow, T. rush up middle for 3 yards to the UF14, fumble forced by D VerdunWheeler, fumble by Tebow, T. recovered by UGA Kelin Johnson at UF14.

More
16 years 6 months ago #8073 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:What will probably happen but I hope doesn't
Wow, he's only had one fumble??? We need to add a few more to his resume' Saturday.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 6 months ago #8075 by miss_uga
sadlerdawg wrote:

Wow, he's only had one fumble??? We need to add a few more to his resume' Saturday.

Agreed. It can happen. Easily, if our heads are in the game from the get-go!

• miss_uga
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds