Forum

Spoiled

16 years 7 months ago #6953 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Spoiled
It reminds me of my childhood, growing up in West Georgia in the fifties, Butts, Dodd, Bryant.
Maybe we just need to reflect and decompress and our boys will come out Saturday as another team, God willing. Go Dawgs Always!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6957 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re:Spoiled
Doc great to hear from you. Still playing pasture pool? Lots has happened since I left the land of the Urenge and the 4 hr drives (one way) to Athens for home games. Spent about 6 months in Aiken earlier this year and was hyped and ready for football season. Along comes a job offer from the feds and now live in Adamstown MD missing UGA like crazy. Sold my season tickets and it was like ripping my heart out. I vividly remember Butts, was a real tough coach but loved his players to death. Don't believe it just say something deragatory about one, as a sports news guy did only once. Ditto on the love for UGA! Mine started with a pass from Sir Francis as a 4th grader in Barrow Elementry across from Butts/Mehre. We were down at the stadium and some Srs from the team were throwing the ball to us kids. Sorry but he became my role model for many years after that. UGA history has many many examples of fine quality people that have gone through those arches. Be proud, be thankful, and above all never lose your love for the finest school in the country. As always, GO DAWGS, GATA!

• oledawg
  • oledawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6958 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Spoiled
oledawg and DawgDoc, don't EVER stop posting!

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6967 by SthGADawg
Replied by SthGADawg on topic Re:Spoiled
I just joined this forum yesterday after reading this particular post. I have been reading your posts for a while or \"lurking\". I am also a member on another forum and I like this one alot as well. The posts recently have been informative, kinda like this one about the ole times at UGA which I am way to young to remember. I think it is really cool to have some older, wiser Dawgs to shed some light. Enjoyed this post and just thought I would chime in. Thanks for having me. Goooooo DAWGS!!!!. sic'em!!!!! :)

• SthGADawg
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6973 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Spoiled
Welcome and plan on hanging around. There's a great bunch of Dawg fans posting here and VERY knowledgable.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #7147 by miss_uga
Replied by miss_uga on topic Re:Spoiled
wlayton wrote:

oledawg and DawgDoc, don't EVER stop posting!

Agreed! And I, too, welcome you SthGADawg!

• miss_uga
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds