Forum

Spoiled

16 years 7 months ago #6894 by oledawg
Spoiled was created by oledawg
We are. Our expectations are high as they should be. I would like to win them all too but ya know, its just not gonna happen but once in a while for teams. I said previously we'd be good this year but better in 08/09 I still believe that. Look at AU a couple of years ago they won and deserved a shot and they were cut out of the NC. Our football program is still growing under CMR. I seriously doubt that CMR and his staff are content with where we are, and would bet my life they are not sitting around playing cards till it gets better. The pieces will fall into place that I am sure. When we get to the top all the naysayers will be touting the opposite. Our line problems are the result of athletes that were on scholarship but never played due to injuries or other problems. Give me a break but CMR to me has done a very good job to date. I would play for him in a micro second! Second guessing and throwing rocks seems to always be the order of the day after a loss. Heck yea I feel the pain too but I'm not smart enough to coach D-1 and am dang too old to play anymore. Kids play the game. They must execute and do their job, coaches can teach but in a game you make mistakes and sometimes the other guy beats you. Like life, learning doesn't stop. I've said it on this forum before but find me a coach or player that claims he hasn't made a mistake and I'll show you a pile of fertilizer. Call me a Disney DAWG if you will, ok by me, but for all these years, win, lose, or draw I BLEED RED & BLACK and will support my team in good times and bad. NEVER lose the faith and NEVER give up! GO DAWGS!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• oledawg
  • oledawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6897 by StaffordGirl07
Replied by StaffordGirl07 on topic Re:Spoiled
We do have to get positive and thankful at some point, don't we? I'm almost there. I am thankful for CMR and his record and leadership. I just think that he's made some poor choices w/ our current OC and DC. Bobo is trying to play Dooley football in 2007--Martinez is running zones that never materialize until the whistle blows. Enough!!

Ok....I think I'm done venting...I'll try to be positve and thankful now, olddawg.

GO DAWGS!!!

• StaffordGirl07
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6902 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Spoiled
Agreed oledawg, again I love CMR. I only have a problem with Martinez and Jancek.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6907 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Spoiled
It's easy to get spoiled. I think Richt's a class guy. I will always support these kids, win or lose. I just want to see the fire in their eyes and I think we see it Saturday.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6935 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Re:Spoiled
:woohoo: ::woohoo: oledawg where have you been? I have really missed your posts. Let me say right from the start I love the University of Georgia. It's the oldest land grant college in the USA, founded in 1785. I am proud of my two degrees received from this great university. I also love UGA sports, especially Georgia football. I have been thru loseing seasons in the fifties. Our coach at that time was Wally Butts, also known as the \"Bowl Master.\" In the forties we were in a bowl game almost every year, won many SEC championships and one nation championship. We played in the Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Oil Bowl and even some that do not exist any longer. We hit a dry spell in the fifties, but won the SEC in 1959, ending up in the Orange Bowl. We hit the skids again in the eary sixties, until Sir Vince arrived on the scene. We again had great teams and won SEC championships and a national title. Had troubled times with RG and JD in the mid eighties and nineties. Along come MR toright the ship again. What goes around ,come around again. The Dawg Ship will right itself again, be patient. Love the University as much as you love the football team and a lot of the hurt will pass. To answer another question as to why we play the Gators in Jacksonville each year instead of home and home. Back in the dark ages before interstate highways, when all we had was the old two lane black tops that cris--crossed our state, in order to allow folks from South Georgia to see the Dawgs play Coach Butts started playing all the games in Jacksonville. Also, for a number of years we played Auburn in Columbus, Ga. so our West Georgia fans could see the Dawgs in person. We went home and home when Dooley came aboard. Keep the faith and be patient, the Dawgs will rise again. oledawg don't be a stranger. I hate to be the only \"old fart\" posting on this board.
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Member since 1999

More
16 years 7 months ago #6939 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Spoiled
Don't you just love oledawg and DawgDoc posts? They are always so interesting and fun to read (I never knew about those games DawgDoc just mentioned, very interesting). Please keep up the great posts, gentlemen.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds