Forum

My prediction for a ménage à trois of SEC pain

16 years 7 months ago #6875 by GatorinGA
wlayton wrote:

Hey GatorinGa, I like the way you think but didn't you think we were going to beat UF last year?

I may have said that I don't recall.
But in all honesty, no. The Dawgs were having serious problems last year and I figured they'd turn it around at some point and punch someone in the mouth.
It ended up being Auburn that got hit.

It's the bye week that makes me think the way that I do.
The Gators have always taken the bye before the UGA game, except for '04 and we lost.

We don't have a bye this year either.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• GatorinGA
  • GatorinGA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6887 by LimeyDawg
Hey Gatoringa, as a dawginfla, I appreciate your predictions. However, it appears we've reached the fairweather portion of the season and many of the supposed dawg fans have already given up. I thought the gators gave LSU a hell of a game and, while it does seem a stretch to imagine the dawgs beating your boys, I do agree that the planets are aligning that way. And, as I've always believed, if we beat the gators, tennessee or tech in a season, it's a winning year regardless of the W/L.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
16 years 7 months ago #6888 by wlayton
I agree with you about the bye week, it's extremely important but don't see it making that much of a difference with the way our D is playing.

I would like to see how all the SEC teams did the game after a bye week though. That stat could be amazing.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6918 by UnderDog37
It's nice to be optimistic, but I dont think we have the defense to beat UF. I would love it if we did, but I'm doing NO smack-talking about anyone left on our schedule. There could be an upset on any given Saturday, and there are no gimmie wins in this conference anymore.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6924 by GatorinGA
Another thing to remember and I have believed this for many, many years is that each match-up stands on its own and it is all about attitude, preparation, passion and momentum from week to week.
Florida routed Tennessee and Tennessee routed UGA.
Florida barely beat Ole’ Miss and UGA routed Ole’ Miss.
What does that all mean? Absolutely nothing!
Florida gave LSU a scare last week only because of attitude, preparation, passion and momentum on that given night. Next week could have totally different results.
That is why I am predicting the way I am.

As for the record after a bye week, since 1990 Florida is 14-2 with the only loses coming in ’92 vs. Miss. State and in ’97 against UGA.
There were 16 games total as we had no bye week in ’04.

• GatorinGA
  • GatorinGA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6930 by wlayton
Upset UnderDog37?? That's showing some confidence isn't it?

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds