Forum

Unexpected guest

16 years 7 months ago #6606 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Suggested Post Game Attire,...
Geeez dapolla, now I'm even MORE worried..............I'm a #'s guy and I believe in the Law of Average..........I'm focused......I'm focused.......I'm focused......ok averagedawg, it's working again, thanks.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6617 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Suggested Post Game Attire,...
I believe in averages too wlayton, we've lost five in a row to teams from the east, it's time to win five in a row. I want to see all the UT fans in the exits by the fourth quarter. To hell with close, interesting games. I want an early blowout.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6620 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Suggested Post Game Attire,...
averagedawg wrote:

I believe in averages too wlayton, we've lost five in a row to teams from the east, it's time to win five in a row. I want to see all the UT fans in the exits by the fourth quarter. To hell with close, interesting games. I want an early blowout.

A man after my own heart. Lots of people like those come-from-behinders, those close scores. After the Colorado game last year, I nearly threw up. I ground my teeth down to nubs during the Bama game this year. Grrr...why can't the Dawgs just win easy?

Two exceptions:

I loved the Tech game last year, but I think that's because I never seriously thought that Tech would beat us. They certainly COULD beat us, as big as the talent gap was last year, not to mention the momentum gap. But when we went into halftime down 0-3, I knew we were going to win the thing. It was just a question of when, and how.

The 2001 Tennessee game. As I've stated in earlier posts, that game took place on my wedding day, and oddly enough I was the most relaxed that day watching the game. The rest of the day I was a nervous wreck. Helped that we won the game, too.

The 2002 Auburn game nearly killed me. I also nearly killed myself at the beginning of it by coming very close to burning down my apartment building, but that has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with turning on the wrong burner on the stove. The 2004 SCarolina game nearly killed me when we were down 16-0 at halftime and had to score 20 unanswered to win the thing. Same for the Arkansas game that year. And don't even mention the '04 Tech game...they nearly came back on us! Thank God for Reggie Ball!

Anyway, I'd probably live to be 200 if it weren't for close Georgia football games, so here's to a nice, boring, second-quarter blowout.

Then again, we were blowing them out in the second quarter last year.......RATS!!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 7 months ago #6622 by wlayton
Man, averagedawg, you are really starting to make me feel better. That's right, the Law of Averages in on OUR SIDE now in the East.

I'm starting to feel the peace.......feeling it.....focusing....feeling it...thanks averagedawg. Geez I'm about to start humming it, chanting it, lighting incense, feeling the peace like back in college again in 1969. Oops, sorry.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6641 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Suggested Post Game Attire,...
I almost remember 1969. If you lived it, you hardly remember anything, right?

More
16 years 7 months ago #6644 by wlayton
EXACTLY !!

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds