Forum

Why is game not on TV??

16 years 7 months ago #6374 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Why is game not on TV??
When the time came to make a decision about televising this game, we weren't supposed to beat Bama. Therefore, a 2-2 UGA team vs a 1-3 Ole Miss team wasn't an attractive option for TV execs. However, we threw a monkey wrench into Saban-Nation, and Ole Miss played UF close. I am sure there are those in TV land that are kicking themselves now that things didnt turn out at all like they expected last week. Remember last year's Auburn game? Nobody would pick it up except for Jefferson Pilot, because the big boys thought we were gonna get blown away by the #5 team in the nation. How did that turn out? Not too good for the network boys, who lost the chance to broadcast a MAJOR upset when we waxed AU. Some folks just never learn....you never back a Bulldawg into a corner and expect it not to bite you in the a$$.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6378 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Why is game not on TV??
I'm shocked by this as well; then again I'll be at the game.

But don't bemoan listening to the game on the radio...that means you get to listen to Larry for the last time before the Troy game. Remember, we're on the road all of October, which means no Larry. I'd savor this opportunity. I'll be listening to Larry full-blast on my headphones while at the game.

On the Stafford-Greene comparison, I'd also posit that Stafford is a better runner than Greene could ever hope to be. This is not to say that Greenie wasn't a good quarterback...I mean come on! I just think that Stafford's upside is so tremendous. That's all.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 7 months ago #6381 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Why is game not on TV??
You know, many things can make-up a great QB. You can have an average athlete that is very smart, clutch and calculated with a good arm and win championships (Greene). You can have an exceptional athlete with an unbelievably strong arm, good instincts and vision and win championships (MS and Farve, feel good about the cerebral part but not sure yet).

MS and Greene....2 different molds....both winners.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6383 by McShea87
Replied by McShea87 on topic Re:Why is game not on TV??
Too bad there is no radio stations that broadcst Georgia games in Greenville,SC even though its only about 90 minutes from Athens..........Stafford also does not have the same talent at receivers and tightends than Greene had his first 2 seasons.......Terrance Edwards, Fred Gibson,Randy McMichael,Ben Watson....All in the NFL , i dont see any of the receivers on the current team that are NFL caliber.

• McShea87
  • McShea87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6384 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Why is game not on TV??
Great, great point McShea87. Just imagine what MS would do with great receivers.....scary.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6385 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re:Why is game not on TV??
McShea87 wrote:

....Stafford also does not have the same talent at receivers and tightends than Greene had his first 2 seasons.......Terrance Edwards, Fred Gibson,Randy McMichael,Ben Watson....All in the NFL , i dont see any of the receivers on the current team that are NFL caliber.

DITTO.
Stafford would be looking very nice if his receivers would get open and also catch balls that hit them in their hands.

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds