Forum

why no love for JC.

16 years 7 months ago #6345 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:why no love for JC.
I totally agree with averagedawg and sadlerdawg, the SEC is hands down better than the Pac 10, they don't play defense out there (with the exception of USC).

Also, as a coach, you don't just yank your QB out if he makes a mistake or two, especially when he's been playing well that day. Usually a good coach will be able to \"sense\" if he's just having a bad day and won't get anything going, so then you put in your backup to hope you can get a spark on offense. Yes, MS made a couple of mistakes during the game but he was also playing very well before the mistakes and definitely after the mistakes. I might remind you of last week when CMR put in JC and he promptly threw a pass to a double covered receiver in the flats that SHOULD have been returned for a TD, it hit the DB right in his hands. JC should never have even considered throwing that ball.

MS IS the man, hands down. (and I like Joe a lot)

dapolla, I may agree with you last year, there is no comparison THIS year.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6352 by fire_dawg
Replied by fire_dawg on topic Re:why no love for JC.
Like wlayton said, you just don't pull a kid when he makes a mistake or two. Now if he was making the same mistakes constantly, yes pull him. But in MS case no, that is not the right thing to do. CMR knows how to coach these guys and I think he's doing a GREAT job of it. Yes, Cox and MoMass were great combination at Independence High but, MS is just one step ahead of JC. Don't get me wrong, I like JC but MS is the one for UGA and the DAWG NATION.
Go Dawgs!!!!!

More
16 years 7 months ago #6354 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:why no love for JC.
Bingo, fire_dawg. Also great combos in HS don't necessarily make great ones in college, if so, CMR would have offered scholarships to every one of MS receivers he had in HS. Man, have you seen the highlites of his receivers his Senior year? They caught everything, of course the DB's in HS aren't QUITE the DB's on the college level.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6355 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:why no love for JC.
I agree dapolla, that MS didn't look that good against the lamecocks, but that also had to do with all of the dropped passes. I think benching him would have hurt his confidence for the rest of the season. If you're losing by 3 or 4 TD's in the middle of the 3rd and your qb isn't doing anything other than make mistakes, I could maybe see benching him, but when you're just one score away like we were the entire SCarolina game, I think you have to leave your #1 guy in.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds