Forum

why no love for JC.

16 years 7 months ago #6337 by dawg1454
why no love for JC. was created by dawg1454
I dont understand why i see no faith in Joe cox. he played at a good indepence team in HS. 2 he backed up the natl title winner from last year for three years . 3 He has experince in tough close games and he has won the state title, 4 he bailed us out last yr. against co. st..Do i think hes better then stafford? no. But stafford needs to calm down in the pocket some times and throw the ball like he knows how to.NO MORE INTS. and i think if CMR sits him down after an int i think hell make better plays in the future to avoid that. I want to hear from kentdaddy ugachem wlayton dapolla fire dawg and sadlerdawg. no i am not saying that i know more then CMR i think CMR is a great coach but ints is what cost us 2-3 losses last year and i dont want i to happen again. Also i would like to hear some thoughts on wether or not you think USC should really be #1 . I personally think that LSU should be but i know the pollsters will never put a great sec team over a decent pac-10 team.We have the best conferance in the country but yet we can never seem to top a big 10 or pac 10 team. And did anyone else notice that CMR is 4th on the win pct. list.

I'll bleed red and black till the day i die. death to the BCS down with USC.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dawg1454
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6338 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:why no love for JC.
I'm a big diehard SEC fan too. Last year the way uf beat OSU really woke people up around the country of just how good the SEC is....the speed, as in TEAM speed, very physical and depth on these SEC teams. I feel it's still a little too early to make a determination of a close 1 and 2. I would have to bet on LSU right now but believe me, USC is very good as well. Let's just let it play out. USC still has Oregon, Cal and UCLA.....LSU still has uf, AU etc.

Joe Cox is a good QB that would start on many teams. MS is special, yes still learning, but is a special QB that only come around every 10-15 years, if that soon. He has ALL the throws, strong, can run if need be and is fearless. Yes, I know being fearless can get you in trouble sometimes but I had rather have a fearless QB, that may make a few mistakes ocassionally but also has the GUTS to come back from his mistakes like he did in the Bama game, twice!! He is a combo of Elway's arm strength and swagger with the guts of Farve. JC is a great player to have on your team in case MS gets hurt but he just isn't in MS league, not many are. There was a LOT of pressure put on MS last year and remember he's still only 19, still a kid and is becoming the team leader now with this last win. He's a very exciting talent that has that \"it\" factor that you just can't explain....but IT'S THERE.

Bottom line? MS will play in the NFL and JC won't.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6339 by dawg1454
Replied by dawg1454 on topic Re:why no love for JC.
But ESPN has already tried to say today that the pac 10 is a tougher conferance than the sec all because of tenn loss to cal. but they forget that tenn hung with them even till the last half of of the 3rd qtr and there not even the class of the sec they lost to fla.by 39. and i know MS is special I just think that when MS is down we should put JC in. And i just dnt think that USC is in a class of there on as ESPN puts it. By the way when will we have Kregg back him and mereno nasty combo. I also wish that ur whole team would play the type of intensity that mereno plays with hes always on fire.

• dawg1454
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6340 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:why no love for JC.
I agree Stafford's the man. He shakes off his mistakes and goes forward. He's only going to improve with every game. We saw what happened last year. The kid has it all, talent, guts, composure and intelligence. Believe in him and Coach Richt. Go Dawgs!

More
16 years 7 months ago #6341 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:why no love for JC.
I think Joe is a teriffic qb, and living in the Charlotte area, I followed him at Independence and he was awesome. Unfortunately for him, unless MS happens to leave for the NFL early, I doubt Joe will see much more than mop-up time. Nothing against JC, he could probably start for 75% of 1-A teams, but MS is the man and shouldn't be taken out for making a mistake, IMO. I think the quarterback carousel is what caused alot of UGA's problems last year, and once MS felt comfortable as the starter, the mistakes got fewer and the wins started coming.

There's no need for debate as to what is the toughest conference. The Pac-10 and the big 1 are nowhere near the top to bottom competition level of the SEC. Cal beat UT, so what? Their 2nd best team beat what is probably our 6th or 7th best team--no comparison.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 7 months ago #6343 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:why no love for JC.
I am by no means saying that MS should be pulled after making one interception, HOWEVER...

Last year against Colorado Stafford literally couldn't do anything. Short drives for no score. Richt pulled him for Joe Cox and we get two of the greatest drives in Georgia history just in terms of sheer comebackery.

Against SCarolina Stafford looked completely LOST. What would have been the harm of bringing Cox in for a few series just to get Stafford calmed down and possibly score some points? I think it would have been smart, but then Richt never brought DJ in when Greenie was behind either, so...yeah...some mentalities never change.

Bottom line is, Stafford is the QB for Georgia. But I think he should have been pulled in the SCarolina game.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds