Forum

A few more quotes,...

16 years 7 months ago #6199 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:A few more quotes,...
I remember well. . . . the year, 1965. Alabama and Georgia, the \"Bear\" and young Vince. Alabama coming off of a national championship, and there was not a chance in heck that we could stay on the field with Bama. The game tomorrow brings back so many memories of that famous flea-flicker from the normally conservative Dooley. Of course the \"Bear\" roared on his TV show that the knee was down, what ya gonna do . . . . . Below is a story from a writer that I have grown to really appreciate. If you have time, peruse the article, I think that Sean Bailey is right and hope that we see some of his reasoning play out Saturday night. Big night for all of us Dawgs . . . . hang on, here we go.

Bailey knows Saban's flaws
Receiver played in Dogs' 45-16 win over LSU in 2004
BY DAVID CHING - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. --

ATHENS, Ga. --
Sean Bailey thinks he knows the blueprint for beating a Nick Saban defense.

\"He's very creative at bringing blitzes, and when you bring a lot of blitzes, you have to have man coverage on the outside,\" Bailey said. \"It's key, especially early, to hit a big (pass) to get them out of that. If you don't, he's gonna bring it all day.\"

Bailey knows this from personal experience. He was only a freshman when the Bulldogs lost twice to Saban's LSU squad in 2003, but the Georgia receiver played a role in one of the most thorough dismantlings of a Saban-coached squad in recent memory the following year.

Although receivers Reggie Brown and Fred Gibson did much of the damage in that 45-16 Georgia win -- combining to catch four of David Greene's five touchdown passes -- Bailey also contributed to one of the most impressive wins in the Mark Richt era with a 21-yard touchdown of his own.

Much of Georgia's personnel has changed in the three years since then, and Saban is now at Alabama instead of LSU, but Bailey said the coach's philosophy remains the same. And if the Bulldogs expect to leave Tuscaloosa with a win, Bailey believes they'll need similar success in the passing game against Saban's aggressive defensive schemes.

\"Fred and Reggie had some nice catches on the outside and just disrupted what they were trying to do, because they were trying to bring pressure and play man on the outside,\" Bailey said. \"When you do that, it completely takes them out of their gameplan.\"

That means Georgia must adopt a more aggressive approach on offense, as the Bulldogs have rarely looked to hit the deep ball in their first three games.

Offensive coordinator Mike Bobo said there are a variety of reasons for his conservative approach thus far, ranging from trying not to ask his developing offensive line to hold their blocks for too long to simply trying to avoid the risks that come with putting the ball in the air. But like Bailey, Bobo recognizes the need to take more chances because of Alabama's defensive philosophy.

\"I've probably been a bit conservative in my playcalling just because I try to keep the lost-yardage plays from happening, try to keep us above the chains where we can really have some success,\" he said. \"But there's no doubt, we've got to take some shots downfield.\"

Bailey and fellow senior Mikey Henderson are two of the most likely deep-ball candidates, although the return of speedster Demiko Goodman from a knee injury suffered last season adds another potential target.

Goodman caught his first collegiate touchdown last week on a 34-yard bomb from Joe Cox, where the Georgia track sprinter blew past a Western Carolina defender and made a diving grab in the end zone.

\"(Lose) a step with 'Miko and it's over,\" said Georgia cornerback Asher Allen. \"He probably has some of the longest legs you've ever seen, so he can really get by you and you have to make sure you're on your toes against him.\"

Goodman injured his right arm and had it in a sling after Tuesday's practice, but Richt said he practiced Wednesday and should play against Alabama.

If he can contribute, he'd help bring another dynamic to a Georgia offense that has struggled to make big plays in the passing game. Bailey and Knowshon Moreno have turned short passes into big gains thus far, but they've barely taken any shots deep down the field and completed only the one to Goodman.

Opportunities to change that will arise against Alabama. Whether the Bulldogs capitalize on those chances may determine the outcome of Saturday's game.

\"You've gotta make them respect you,\" Henderson said. \"They're gonna try to come into the game and not respect us and play their gameplan until we do the stuff to make them change it. Hopefully we can do that.\"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6204 by RealisticBamaFan
Replied by RealisticBamaFan on topic Re:A few more quotes,...
They are just going by yalls record in SEC games the last 2 years..... What about the Spurrier quote something like.... Its not like we beat a great team or something like that , they lost 5 SECEast games in a row.....All these quotes have set us up for defeat........TOTALLY... I try to never stick my foot in my mouth.... Of course I love my team and think they can win every game.... I totally respect the GAME.... No team always wins........ Those are all bulletin board material...... WOW they have seen a different Georgia than I have seen this year..... Should be a fun game anyway...... I am leaving tonight to go I will post u guys some pics, I sit row 1 north endzone......

• RealisticBamaFan
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6205 by Firedawg
Replied by Firedawg on topic Re:A few more quotes,...
Punch em in the face and knock the smile into next week. Kick em when they're down and then go after their mamas and sisters! Damn I'm tired of all this Georgia doesn't have a chance bullsh!t! Let's ring the bell and get it on! Stand tall DAWGS!

• Firedawg
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6207 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:A few more quotes,...
Don't worry, the Dawgs will be ready and well prepared. You can just feel it.

BTW, great to have RealisticBamaFan post with us, he/she shows respect like GatorinGa always does.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds