Forum

Analysis and Predictions

16 years 8 months ago #5644 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re:Analysis and Predictions
RxCowboy wrote:

Ultimately, I believe this game will come down to the Pokes' d-line and the Dawgs' o-line. Whoever wins that matchup will probably win the game.

HHHHHmmmm....this suggests that the game is entirely centered on whether the Dawgs O can produce and likewise infers that the Pokes O will produce! While I do agree, in part, with some of your analysis, on the basis of the above quote, I do not agree.

What we, both Dawgs and Pokes alike are dealing with, are unknowns! Each team has more than their fair share of questions to be answered. Each team ended last season on a positive, upbeat note. Clearly, the Pokes achieved a great deal of success and achievement last season, but against who are we benchmarking said success? Much of the same can be said for the Dawgs, during the three phases of success, failure, then success of our season past. There is, however, some pragmatic data which indicates the level of play between conferences. I'll not bother with associating any particular tone of conference superiority, the record speaks for itself! Furthermore, I care very little for preseason statistical analysis. Numbers are great for balance sheets and budgets, but interject the human element and caution be thrown to the wind!...Unknowns!!!!

I can't speak for the Pokes HC and they are breaking in a new DC. Sometimes new blood has a positive effect, other times, not so much! I can, however, speak for CMR and not only his ability to find outstanding replacement coaches, but seemingly year end and year out, replace 6 or more D players and STILL produce an awesome, bone crushing D! How often have we heard the preseason prognasticators preach doom and mayhem due to a hole gapping defense. Yet unknown names like Pollach, Davis, Thornton, Blue, Oliver, Thurman, et. al, step forward to proclaim their rightful place 'tween the hedges! Yes, our D did struggle last year, but those struggles were due to a mistake filled O that turned the ball over and shortened the field of play. Like DawgDoc said, the players will decide the unknowns. Based on the tone and demeanor of CMR, I suspect we will see another blazing fast, hard hitting D. If this group of young and extremely talented JYD's jell quickly, we may all be witness to an exciting run.

I may be wrong, Lord knows I've trekked that path many a time, but I believe many a non-dawg are banking on the downside of the unknowns. Its a relatively safe bet, similar to those cryptic fortune cookie predictions that are long on speculation but absent of fact. This year, this seaon,....I like OUR unknowns.

If the Pokes play as Rx indicates and believe that our D will be a non factor, they may be in for a very rude awakening! No, I suspect that this game will largely be decided between which O performs superior to the other. I believe we will see ball control and time management as a foundation to establish playaction. I believe Bobo will test their line by running directly into it. I suspect we will see a low scoring affair, with the Dawg seizing and maintaining the lead in the fourth!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5665 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:Analysis and Predictions
I personally am hoping the Dawgs score a million and shutout the Cowboys. I know Rx is a fan of the Cowboys but still. Hoping the Dawgs win by a bunch but know the game will be closer.

Go Dawgs!!!

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 8 months ago #5669 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Analysis and Predictions
Getdown11 wrote:

I personally am hoping the Dawgs score a million and shutout the Cowboys. I know Rx is a fan of the Cowboys but still. Hoping the Dawgs win by a bunch but know the game will be closer.

Go Dawgs!!!

I wouldn't expect anything less from a loyal Dawgs fan.

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5672 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Analysis and Predictions
NC_Dawg wrote:

What we, both Dawgs and Pokes alike are dealing with, are unknowns! Each team has more than their fair share of questions to be answered.

Well, right, that's my point really. The Dawgs have big questions on both sides of the ball. Oklahoma State has talent and experience on the offense, not many questions there. The Pokes questions are all on defense.

But enough talk. T it up and turn em loose!

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5678 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Rx,...
You have a QB that has historically developed a serious case of vaginitus, when playing on the road within a hostile environment. If that's not a question mark, then I'll return my Journalism degree to Grady! I'm not saying this will happen to Reid, I'm simply pointing out the obvious.

Nonetheless, you are correct. Time to cease with the armchair analysis and....

LET THE BIG DAWG EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO DAWGS.................GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds