Forum

Analysis and Predictions

16 years 8 months ago #5612 by RxCowboy
Analysis and Predictions was created by RxCowboy
I've said before (both here and on Orangepower.com) that I believe the Dawgs are going to win. I think it is going to be a whole lot closer than many of you think, but I still think the Dawgs have the edge - for two simple reasons: 1) the Pokes best road win the past two years was at Kansas, and the last road game against a ranked opponent was a disaster, and 2) this will be the third largest crowd Oklahoma State has ever played in front of. I think the Dawgs have some serious experience issues on defense (though talented), and some experience and depth problems on the o-line. Stafford improved through the last three games last year, but is still unproven (QB rating over the last 3 games was 128, which is mediocre). Brown and Lumpkin averaged a hair over 4 yards per carry last year, which doesn't put them anywhere near the elite running backs. The receiving corp has dropped a LOT of balls the past couple of years, it is an issue that needs to be addressed. The offense was bad last year, though it improved towards the end of the season. We (speaking as a Dawg's fan) hope the offense is even more improved this year, but we won't know the story until Sept. 1.

Oklahoma State's offense is good, and I believe they can play with anyone in the country. Still they will need to play mistake free ball in order to have a chance. There is a question about the #2 receiver since Atrell Woods went down with a freak weight-lifting injury, but Dez Bryant is a future all-Big 12 receiver and should be a fine match for the Dawg's young corners. Savage, Bowman, Reid, and Toston are very good and experienced. The huge, giant question mark is the OSU defense, which was somewhere between bad and pathetic last year. If the defense had even been in the top 50 the Pokes would have won 9 games last year. We hope the defense is improved under new DC Beckman, but we won't know the story until Sept. 1.

Ultimately, I believe this game will come down to the Pokes' d-line and the Dawgs' o-line. Whoever wins that matchup will probably win the game.

There you have it sports fans, my analysis as objectively as I can possibly make it, as a man who loves the Dawgs and also bleeds Aggie Orange.

My prediction:
OSU 31
UGA 34

GATA! Woof!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5618 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Analysis and Predictions
You can run block much easier than pass block. I believe we will come out and try to pound the ball against a supposedly weaker DL. Believe OSU D is going se get a lot of Lumpkin and Moreno. If successful then it will make it MUCH easier to pass block for Stafford='s success.

My 2 cents worth.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 8 months ago #5621 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Analysis and Predictions
Your prediction?

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5624 by wlayton
I'm looking at a 34-20 UGA win.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 8 months ago #5628 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Re:Analysis and Predictions
:unsure::unsure: :unsure: WHY DO WE PLAY THE GAME??
RxCowboy I appreciate your astute analysis on the up coming Dawgs vs the Cowboys game. There are two ways of looking at a game, 1 from the fans point of view & 2 from a players point of view. We are all fans of one team or another and we tend to look at the out come of these games from that of a fan. How do the players look at the game? I hope, at least from a Georgia players propective, they are going to win. The same holds true for the Cowboys of OSU. That folks is why we play the game. How much does this Georgia team want to win. It's young and inexperienced for the most part, but they do have talent. We do have a good coaching staff, but they don't play a snap. It's all up to the players on both teams. So as fans we have to show some patiences for the next 3 days and let the players play the game. Take a deep breath everyone and enjoy the game day experience, from tailgating to cheering your team on to victory. Ofcourse my team is the Bulldogs and I really hope we don't beat the Cowboys by too large a score. Want to keep it interesting, don't you know. No prediction, just a Dawg win will suite me to \"T\". As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Member since 1999

More
16 years 8 months ago #5630 by wlayton
We all agree with you DawgDoc but this is fun too. A little trash talking is part of the fun.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds