Forum

I am worried

16 years 8 months ago #5466 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:I am worried
I just read on cbs sports that the starting TE for the Vowels will be out for most of the season after breaking his wrist in practice yesterday. The injury required immediate surgery.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5467 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:I am worried
We all have a little pessimism that we picked up from Munson because he NEVER believes we have a chance. A little Munson lives inside each of us.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5478 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:I am worried
I agree with Southernlover. These guys aren't guys the coaching staff just picked up on Broad St. and asked to play football. They are part of top 10 recruiting classes for the past couple of years.

Outside of the O-line the offense should be one of the most productive in recent years. Plus, if the line doesn't do well expect to see lots of screens and quick passes where the offensive speed is an advantage.

At DE we have Battle and Howard. 40 speed is 4.7 and 4.3 respectively. Lost of speed on the outside. IMO I wouldn't be suprised to see a couple of 3-4 looks from the defense with our LB corps running a max of 4.6 in the 40. Not to mention or LB corp has seen a decent amount of play time already with injuries the past few seasons.

CB isn't as bad off as everyone is saying. All of those guys have experience they just haven't been starters.

Don't get me wrong the Dawgs are young this season but I don't think that OkSt. is going to come into our house and kick us around. Plus, I think the Dawgs typically play better when nobody respects them.

Just my $ .02. I could be wrong.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 8 months ago #5488 by Dawg/Tiger
Replied by Dawg/Tiger on topic Re:I am worried
I've actually heard on the Georgia College Football Preview Show on FSS, that we are going to win the SEC! I think it's just a matter of beleiving what you hear. I mean theres no point in aginizing over it, i mean come on guys, only 8 more days! This is when we will find out for sure if our O Line can protect stafford. And if our LB's can crack some QB's heads!

• Dawg/Tiger
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5489 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:I am worried
Will miracles never cease? I just read on AJC-online that Jeff Schultz has picked us to go 11-1. However, he also picks us to stumble in Jacksonville yet again. 11-1? I'll take it.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5507 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:I am worried
I'd consider 1-11 a great year if that 1 is a win over Florida.

I actually think it's great that there is so much disparity in the predictions. Let's face it: the national media doesn't know what to think of our Dawgs. They want to be on the DawgHaters bandwagon, but they've learned over the past five years that we will always surprise...always exceed expectations. In the backs of their minds is a nagging voice that says \"What if...\" when it comes to the Dawgs. We'll reveal a great many writers as unwhelped pups this year, but I'm a fan. I'll bleed red and black no matter what. I hope the cowboys come to Athens thinking they'll roll the Dawgs. I hope they bring confidence in their abilities and the words of the national sports media who doubt the CMR knows what he's doing. When they go home gnawed and battered, 0-1, they'll know that the sleeper is wide awake. GO DAWGS!

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds