Forum

I am worried

16 years 8 months ago #5441 by UnderDog37
I am worried was created by UnderDog37
I am pretty worried about the season due to the new o-line, new d-line, and new LBs. I have a lot of faith in Stafford, the coaching staff, the RBs, and WRs, though. I think I am buying into the blogs I read on the AJC too much, but there are a lot of supposed fans out there who think we don't have a prayer of winning 9 games, much less the SEC East or the SEC title. Maybe I sound too much like Dooley or Munson, but I am a worrier by nature as the season approaches, and I will be pulling out my hair on game day while I wait for the kick-off. Can I get some reassurance from some of you who are in the know out there? It's hard to get the best available info way down here in T'ville.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5442 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:I am worried
UnderDog37, I share in some of your concerns and I do believe '08 is going to be THE year. Now having said that, IF we can get through the 1st 4 or 5 games with wins, I believe we can have a great year. We have soooo much talent BUT are so young and inexperienced in the areas you mentioned. Jancek stated that the LB corp may be the best EVER at UGA but again, young. We will solidify as the season goes on and these kids get that needed experience, hence we need to SOMEHOW win those 1st 4-5 games. To me the key is our OL and DB's. One thing we do have is SPEED and lots of it. That can help make up for some mistakes and \"book it\", Rashad Jones will be the next All-American at UGA.

Summary, in my opinion the 1st part of the season is THE key to our success in '07.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 8 months ago #5443 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:I am worried
I hope we can do well in the first part of the season. I just can't stand the thought of losing to someone from another conference and being 0-1, and I can't stand the thought of losing to the chickens with Spurrier in charge of them. We owe Spurrier numerous a$$-whoopings because of the way he slighted our program while at UF. I would hate to be beaten by those yahoos in Bama, because they think \"Saban-Nation\" is the second coming of Bear Bryant. We owe Phat Phil another hob-nailed boot for last year's debacle in Athens, We owe Vandy and Kentucky both major revenge a$$-whoopings for last year, we owe UF for the lopsided nature of our rivalry over the last 17 years, and it NEVER gets old to lay the wood to those Yech folks with their Urine and White colors. Above all, I just want us to shut the mouths of the nay-sayers and the media that gives us no respect because we haven't won a National Title under CMR yet.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5444 by wlayton
See, there you have it, we should be very motivated for every game.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 8 months ago #5449 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re:I am worried
I'm worried as well but just read an excellent point someone made on the AJC blog, paraphrasing \"The positions that your worried about, OL, DE, CB, etc., are being filled by players that were highly recruited, signed and have been trained by UGA coaching staff. These are walk on's that just happened by the practive field one day.\" Have faith!

More
16 years 8 months ago #5451 by wlayton
I just finished listening to a sports talk radio show here in Jax and just about everyone is picking OSU to beat us. One guy is mainly saying that because we are a little dinged up on our young and thin OL. I've heard from a few shows in the last week that we are going to lose. Sound familiar? And no, RxDawgboy, not JUST referring to BSU but also a Clemson team a few years ago (30-0 with 7-8 UGA starters out) and I even remember when a UCLA team came in here in our 1st game and got their butts whipped (showing my age again)

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds