Forum

From Athens - Game Day Friday #3

7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #83009 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Game Day Friday #3 was created by yankeedawg1
Good day all,

Game 3 ...   we have reached the quarter pole for our regular season.  It feels like we have been fed two bowls of plain oatmeal. Bland tasteless mush. Yes we won both games but didn't have the same swagger as the 21 & 22 teams.

Some members of the Dawg Nation feel out of sorts watching this years team play, just who are these imposters.  What happened to the team that absolutely crushed TCU for our second Natty.  Different QB, different OC ,different line play,different sense of urgency....  many concerns about our ability to regain our edge and dominate.

Well like a well written mystery, not much is revealed in the first two chapters. So we will see what pieces of this season gets shown in game three.

I love it when the talking heads start the blah blahing about trap games.  Any team playing Georgia is motivated to try and beat the king. We carry a huge target for other teams to take shots at....

My nickel says we pluck the chickens.  Too much talent and depth for Georgia. Steps will be taken to find and hone our team identity for 2023..

#Flashback from the Dawg.com  archives - posted by  DawgDoc    17 years 8 months ago

NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE as Buck Blue would say  was created by  DawgDoc

It sure is hard to be postive when we were negative in every way. Sounds like a title to an old country western song, doesn't it? I haven't posted since Nov 14, 2005 after the loss to Auburn. My question remains the same. Where is all that team speed we are supposed to have on defense? Where are those highly recruited receivers, now can't seem to hold on to a pass? Who taught the running back how to fumble the ball? Why can't the great defensive line get a pass rush on the opposing QB? Why can't the big offensive line protect our QB? Got any answers to these simple questions? I certainly don't. I personally feel we were a much over-ranked team from the start. We thought the victory over Tenn. was great, until we found out just what the Vols had for talent. We lost to the Gators mainly because we didn't have a great QB playing because of injury. Auburn was a total disappointment. Should have, could have, but didn't win the game. We actually beat only one really decent team, LSU. Our schedule was our greatest ally. We won the SEC by default and not by our actions. We had two chances to win the thing by ourselves outright and could not do it. I just hope Coach MR has some speedy talent coming up on defense and offense. Speed, now with the spread offenses is necessary if we expect to compete in this league. Now for the POSTIVE. THE DAWGS NEVER QUIT. Any other team would have rolled over and played dead. And that folks is the reason I can always be proud to be a Georgia Bulldawg. Dawg Nation hold you heads up high and be proud of The Unversity of Georgia. Amen. As Always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]blob:https://dawgs.com/e2cbdc6b-0706-45a1-bd29-1928590e0cfd[/img] [img]blob:https://dawgs.com/98c1332c-19c0-4e84-b6a2-4d0f79b659ea[/img]Member since 1999

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #83010 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #3
YD1, that about sums it up. The talking heads seem to be parrots. Of course 'click bait farming' is the way it is done.
Starting our seasons with 'soft' teams is not the way I like it. Warm up time, let everybody play, etc. But what happened to 'hit the ground ready to play the first game'?

Anyway, it's college football and you get what you got. CKS is the boss and results are the benchmark.

This game we get to see what we have going on.
Go Dawgs!
See you later, Okay?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

7 months 1 week ago #83013 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #3
BossDawg... me thinks hit the ground running.. has a great deal to do with players being healthy and the progress of your young players....

Kirby's words.... we need to get players healthy and the young one's experience.   Seems to confirm that though...

Go Dawgs 

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 months 1 week ago - 7 months 1 week ago #83014 by stevedawg
I agree... "players being healthy and the progress of your young players" should be part of CKS thinking.

Tomorrow the rest of the games start. Our Dawgs have the premo 3:30 start time on CBS. Yep. The Dawgs are that good!
See you there.

Go Dawgs!

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

7 months 1 week ago #83016 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #3

Good day all,

Game 3 ...   we have reached the quarter pole for our regular season.  

It makes me sad to hear it put that way. 

It feels like we have been fed two bowls of plain oatmeal. Bland tasteless mush. Yes we won both games but didn't have the same swagger as the 21 & 22 teams.

Some members of the Dawg Nation feel out of sorts watching this years team play, just who are these imposters.  What happened to the team that absolutely crushed TCU for our second Natty.  Different QB, different OC ,different line play,different sense of urgency....  many concerns about our ability to regain our edge and dominate.

Some members? Hmm...I feel like you're calling me out YD. 

Well like a well written mystery, not much is revealed in the first two chapters. So we will see what pieces of this season gets shown in game three.

I love it when the talking heads start the blah blahing about trap games.  Any team playing Georgia is motivated to try and beat the king. We carry a huge target for other teams to take shots at....

Exactly. Every game is a trap game when you're the two time defending national champion. Everyone wants a piece of you. I don't care if it's Ball State or its Alabama. Trap games are for teams riding high on newfound success and get humbled by an unsuspecting team. That's not UGA. 

My nickel says we pluck the chickens.

Mine too. But in my usual cynical way, I expect the usual slow start in the 1st quarter. I will be most happy to be wrong. 

Too much talent and depth for Georgia. Steps will be taken to find and hone our team identity for 2023..

#Flashback from the Dawg.com  archives - posted by  DawgDoc    17 years 8 months ago

NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE as Buck Blue would say  was created by  DawgDoc

It sure is hard to be postive when we were negative in every way. Sounds like a title to an old country western song, doesn't it? I haven't posted since Nov 14, 2005 after the loss to Auburn. My question remains the same. Where is all that team speed we are supposed to have on defense? Where are those highly recruited receivers, now can't seem to hold on to a pass? Who taught the running back how to fumble the ball? Why can't the great defensive line get a pass rush on the opposing QB? Why can't the big offensive line protect our QB? Got any answers to these simple questions? I certainly don't. I personally feel we were a much over-ranked team from the start. We thought the victory over Tenn. was great, until we found out just what the Vols had for talent. We lost to the Gators mainly because we didn't have a great QB playing because of injury. Auburn was a total disappointment. Should have, could have, but didn't win the game. We actually beat only one really decent team, LSU. Our schedule was our greatest ally. We won the SEC by default and not by our actions. We had two chances to win the thing by ourselves outright and could not do it. I just hope Coach MR has some speedy talent coming up on defense and offense. Speed, now with the spread offenses is necessary if we expect to compete in this league. Now for the POSTIVE. THE DAWGS NEVER QUIT. Any other team would have rolled over and played dead. And that folks is the reason I can always be proud to be a Georgia Bulldawg. Dawg Nation hold you heads up high and be proud of The Unversity of Georgia. Amen. As Always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]blob:https://dawgs.com/e2cbdc6b-0706-45a1-bd29-1928590e0cfd[/img] [img]blob:https://dawgs.com/98c1332c-19c0-4e84-b6a2-4d0f79b659ea[/img]Member since 1999

DawgDoc....sure miss the guy. I miss a lot of the old guard here who have moved on to greener pastures or have shuffled off this mortal coil. I often wonder if the message board/forum medium is on its way to being extinct. Everyone wants memes and "shorts" today. Attention span is at an all time low. I remember the good ol' days when people used to write their thoughts down and make sense. When a Ford and a Chevy would last ten years like they should. Is the best of the free life behind us, are the good times really over for good? 

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 months 1 week ago - 7 months 1 week ago #83017 by stevedawg
SD, You asked, I will reply.
SD: "I often wonder if the message board/forum medium is on its way to being extinct."
No. Just reinvented. Work in progress.

SD: "Everyone wants memes and "shorts" today. Attention span is at an all time low. I remember the good ol' days when people used to write their thoughts down and make sense. "
We counter that with good thoughtful content. That will always be the core of journalism. The 'click bait' era is the result of a generation arriving that was raised on a phone or tablet during the infancy of the internet.
Unfortunately the nature of the internet and the ability to track individual interests has turned Internet V. 1.0 into a sh*t show for unscrupilous marketers.
Privacy will return as the internet evolves and peolple in new generations adjust it. Click bait will eventually run it's course as people learn to reconize it's real purpose, to sell advertising.

SD: "When a Ford and a Chevy would last ten years like they should. Is the best of the free life behind us, are the good times really over for good?"
We have been here 25 years. No plans to leave. Next generation in place already doing stuff behind the scenes.

Everybody misses DawgDoc. I will start a Dawgs.com 'Wall of Fame' soon for him and Buc. YD1 has started digging the archives for some history to add to the current conversations.

I hope that answers what we are doing at Dawgs.com
Go Dawgs!
SteveDawg, founder, Dawgs.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds