Forum

New Season

8 months 4 weeks ago - 8 months 4 weeks ago #82941 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic New Season

Hello all,

A new season is quickly approaching. I am getting more excited than normal because I had eye surgery and they put a bubble in my eye so I cannot go camping or hiking or any of the mountain man things I would normally do in the summer.

Our beloved UGA team is not 9th all time in wins and catching up to Nebraska and Penn State quickly.

www.winsipedia.com/ranking/all-time-wins

I am excited to see Beck sling it.

Good to hear a little grumblings and mumblings about the upcoming season. This has felt like a very long offseason to me. I have enjoyed watching SEC Media Days this year - in particular Lane Kiffin's NIL commentary. 

This is a bittersweet season for me: it will be very fun watching a young group of UGA players come into their own and chase history with a 3rd national championship, but it will be very sad to see CBS end their broadcasting with the SEC. I am still disgusted by that. The SEC on CBS theme song is just as much a part of my fall Saturdays as having the windows open, the smoker going early in the morning, the crisp air flowing in, the leaves in full color, and the mums in bloom. I really hate that we're losing CBS. 

Hope you recover from that eye surgery buddy. That sounds.........unpleasant. 

Im looking forward to being back in the saddle with ya'll for another season. Dawgs.com also has become a fall tradition for me, dating back many a moons now. 

Cheers. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #82942 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic New Season
The eye is getting better. I should be back on the motorcycle tomorrow but still have a few weeks of no elevation changes.

Lindys is straight up predicting the three peat. I could not in a million years imagine back to back title even 5 years ago so anything is possible. Kirby is the new standard if he can pull this off.

• kentdaddy
  • kentdaddy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #82943 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic New Season
SD ... good to hear from you.... KD excellent news on your recovery...  I have cataract surgery this Thursday followed with the second eye in two weeks.  Distance vision should be vastly improved and close up tweaked with OTC readers. Fingers crossed....   So much spin by the media and the rest of college football.... Couch Coaches calling for Dawgs to miss playoffs.... everyone loss the pumpkin people from Knoxvegas...  hmmm ...   Better never rests ..... In Kirby We Trust....    Go Dawgs....

Go Dawgs!

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #82944 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic New Season
Man the PAC-12 died. And suddenly. This is an extraordinary time to be a Dawgs fan.

• kentdaddy
  • kentdaddy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #82945 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic New Season
Much chatter that by 2025 with new TV contracts there will be 2 super conferences  divided up much like the NFL

ACC is next up once the SEC figures out how to cover the huge buyouts for Clemson and FSU.   KD. You're correct times are ah changing stay well 

Go Dawgs!

More
8 months 1 week ago #82946 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic New Season
Kickoff is just a week away and my favorite time of year begins. I'm getting a few days of parole from mullet country, and I'm spending a few days in Richmond Hill visiting the grand kids. I can't really explain how satisfying it is to see all these Dawgs vanity plates and all. Its a great way to add to the giddiness. If Beck is as advertised, we 3-peat. If not, then Vandergriff needs to as advertised, and we 3-peat. The week ahead is likely going to drag.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds