Forum

Walking with my Son

16 years 8 months ago #5364 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Walking with my Son
Looks like we have a few families with some work to do.

In my family, it's mandated that they are a DAWG.That is if they want to eat and if they want to be included in my Will.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5367 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Walking with my Son
If my kids stray from the red and black I will move the entire family to Montana where I can strictly control the inputs of sports.

I have a small list of teams that will not be allowed to be spoken in the house.

Any team in orange qualifies automatically.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5369 by TopDiggidyDawg
Replied by TopDiggidyDawg on topic Re:Walking with my Son
You won't find a bigger dawg fan than myself, butI don't see a reason to hate Auburn.

One of my cousins went there and I love to watch the Dawg's beat up on the War Eagles, but when they're playing LSU or Florida or Tenessee I always catch myself cheering for the Tigers.

My hate list is as followed:

1. Florida
2. Florida
3. Florida
4. LSU
5. Florida
6. Tenessee
7. Florida

I'm not saying that i'm an Auburn fan, or that I like Auburn i'm just saying that I don't hate EVERYTHING orange....just most things....>__>

WOOF WOOF!

How 'Bout Dem SEC Champion Dawgs!?

More
16 years 8 months ago #5374 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Walking with my Son
Yeah, Georgia and Auburn has become more of a \"friendly\" traditional rivalry over the years, partially because of the talent exchange (We got Vince Dooley, they got Pat Dye and Will Muschamp, etc).

Here's the thing with Auburn...I respect them. I want to beat them every year, but in 2004 when they embarrassed us 24-6 in a year when we were projected to play for the NC, I thought, \"No, Auburn is a far better team than we are.\" Doesn't mean I root for them, but against Tennessee, Florida, their own rivalry with Tech, Nick Satan, or any team from the Big 2 + 9, I pull for them to win. I don't think Auburn hates us, either, anymore...they're too focused on 'Bama and LSU.

That said..we need to win more games in this rivalry, since Auburn has the all-time edge.

My son will sometimes randomly spout out \"Boo Gators!\" when he sees an alligator drawing. He has an alligator bath toy, and so at bathtime I've taught him to grab the toy, yell \"Boo Gators\" at it, and then throw it as hard as he can at the wall. That's satisfying.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5376 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Walking with my Son
My 3 sons learned to hate any team not wearing the red and black at an early age. However, the biggest competition for their attention down here in Thomasville comes not from GT, Tenn, UF, or AU......It actually comes from Free Shoes University, which is the team the majority of these yahoos down here root for. Due to the fact that FSU has been in the toilet since Coach Richt left for Athens, it was much easier for my kids to root for a team that has reguarly been pulling in 10-win seasons and conference championships over the last 6 years. I think they are solidly converted to the right side now. By the way, has anyone been reading the venom that has been spewing form all fans against UGA on the AJC football blogs? There is a lot of jealousy, fear, and hate out there toward them Dawgs.....

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5383 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Walking with my Son
TopDiggidyDawg wrote:

You won't find a bigger dawg fan than myself, butI don't see a reason to hate Auburn.

One of my cousins went there and I love to watch the Dawg's beat up on the War Eagles, but when they're playing LSU or Florida or Tenessee I always catch myself cheering for the Tigers.

My hate list is as followed:

1. Florida
2. Florida
3. Florida
4. LSU
5. Florida
6. Tenessee
7. Florida

I'm not saying that i'm an Auburn fan, or that I like Auburn i'm just saying that I don't hate EVERYTHING orange....just most things....>__>

WOOF WOOF!

Perhaps you can elaborate on why LSU is more hated than Tennessee? I hate UT more than I hate Al Queda, Communism an disco combined, but I still like them better than Florida.

More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds