Forum

Monday Thoughts -- Needed Up Grades Finally

8 years 2 months ago #72926 by Buc
Below is another reason that I read "everything" Kimberley has to say.

Tired of the "self satisfying head coaches" in Athens.

Kirby Smart hired new offensive coaches for a reason . . . . "change". Bet this, Blazevich will be a positive in the NFL. Like so many other athletes that leave UGA and move on to the NFL.

As far as the comment on Rome . . . . He was not "totally committed" to playing football and that was proven his first year in Athens.

We have tight ends that are way the heck above average. Bet this also, every tight end on our team could play D1 Football elsewhere. There is a story there . . . . with "history".

Good read Kimberley.

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-football...se-of-the-tight-end/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72928 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: My sense is CKS has expectations.....mile markers along

The road of improvement.... He will measure himself

And his staff as to how they are performing....no need

For outside criticism his will be far more in depth and honest....

Once again teams I respect on our 2016 schedule but

None that we should be intimidated by.....

IW was looking for a snow day so school would be

Cancelled...no ST work....Coach read his tweet

And answered....ain't no time off in the weight room

See you with the sunrise........ Dawgs getting bigger stronger and faster....all good. Go Dawgs

LEADERSHIP has found its way to Athens yd1. Last SEC Championship . . . . 2005. Correct me if I am wrong Wartdawg.

Millions of dollars did nothing to change the above. Coaching on the next level, a level not understood by the previous head coach . . . . another expensive lesson for those that said to heck with the "bleeding hearts" and actually over many years "contributed" more than the price of a football ticket.

Now having conversation with the South Florida folks about the "U", bet this . . . . ain't throwing any BS their way. Already some are questioning what they are seeing under the new head coach.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72929 by Buc
Have the time, maybe watch the video below and hand out some "football speak".

One thing we know is that the high school level Eason played football, not the same that is played in the Southeast. Not of his choosing, that is where he grew up.

Watching the film, I count one thousand one, one thousand two and further along. Again, Jacob has a great arm, but now he is going to be faced with less than 4 or 5 seconds or more to toss the football.

If Brice Ramsey had been given the green light to play football in the SEC that he had in high school, much the same as Jacob Eason, who knows. Brice has a very good arm, he however came to UGA and was expected to change everything that he had done in high school.

Again high marks for Coach Smart. He brings in an offensive coordinator that can and will coach to the players talents. Yes, Richt was a very good man, he was an absolute bust when it came to coaching football in the SEC, once honest to goodness coaching talent arrived. Don't need to name names, right . . . . Last SEC Championship . . . . 2005. Last National Championship for Nick Saban and Company . . . . and . . . . Alabama is loaded for the next 3 years as far as I can see.

Coach Pittman, I know that you were wanted in Arkansas, some of us that have been around football in Georgia are damn excited to have you coaching in Athens. Your leadership, coaching and recruiting in my opinion . . . . you are underpaid. We finally have a head coach that sees the "entire picture" and you sir are a huge part of that.

www.hudl.com/athlete/2018903/highlights/320226391

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72930 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Thoughts -- Needed Up Grades Finally
Watched the JE video....half of his throws he roll out

Moves the pocket...this will help his OL....

Agree Buc our OC will develop a. O that fit his players

My belief is JE will get the ball out very quickly...

Yes Te's big part.... Buc you pointed to Brady and the

Patriots....wouldn't be surprised to see us run some

Of their playbook..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 2 months ago #72934 by Buc
yankeedawg1, like the fact that the new coaches are opening up areas that we have not been very successful before with our recruiting efforts. Meaning high schools.

Looking at video on hudl, Netori Johnson and Justin Shaffer both on the same high school offensive line. Hoping that Shaffer committing to UGA influences Johnson to sign on with the Red and Black. Lots of talent plays football in Ellenwood.

Coaches have stated publicly what type players they are going to recruit. Seems to me the "Newbie Coaches" ;) are not on board with some of the sites that said changing coaches would be our downfall.

Hard to contain my excitement yd1.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72935 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Thoughts -- Needed Up Grades Finally
How novel....coaches say what they are going to do

Then they go out and do it..... We have had big bodies

On the OL before.... This group that our coaches are