Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 2 months ago #72883 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Smart's media accessibility is tempered by his intelligence and drive to win.
I don't think he is at all interested in what the media thinks.

May I mention his name?
Mark Richt he ain't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72885 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Think this fits here.

Time of the year when “things” slow down for those of us that enjoy reading SEC Football “stuff”.

Now is the time for our coaching staff to work their butts off. Lots of work in the off season, if there is such a thing.

Think I said this one time since we have had a roll over in our coaching staff . . . . Maybe twice.

Firmly believe that the group assembled in Athens that agreed to sign on with Kirby Smart have a lot to offer, each other and the fans. Of course the young men that will wear the Red and Black.

Have spent time looking at the past performances of the group now in Athens. If everyone of these coaches can and will get on the same page, Georgia Football is going to change, maybe like never before.

Much to look forward to . . . . Indoor Practice Facility, improvements to Sanford Stadium, a more determined effort to get involved heavily in the coaching and recruiting required to move UGA up, not the same expected wins and the unexpected losses.

Have said that I don't expect miracles in 2016, that however is not to be taken as a less than successful 2016. Having looked over the roster many times, we have a very good group that I feel can accomplish a lot.

If I were an opposing team in the SEC, no way I don't recognize what is happening in the Classic City. Especially if I am a head coach or athletic director. Also, if you are the President of a university that plays "solid" SEC Football, such as Alabama, LSU, up and coming Ole Miss and the gators.

Could mention and I will, what was expected of the gators in 2015? If there had not been a change in the coaching area, would not step out and say that we (UGA) would improve in 2016. There is again a lot of “talent” in Athens, more has been added by the new coaching staff. Not talking about number of scholarships, more to the talent factor.

Coach Smart was asked recently what his next step would be . . . . Now that he is fully involved with UGA, Kirby said get to know the players and move forward from there.

This coaching staff will be much different than what we have watched for many years. No way does this group come close to coaching and playing on Saturday afternoons as we (fans) have watched for too long.

One last “thingy”. Seems that behind the scenes Mike Bobo knew that Kirby Smart was going to be the head coach that was wanted in Athens, if there was a chance of that happening. Mike wanted the job, and apparently many knew the “stuff” that was going on between McGarity and Richt. Not for you and I to know that. There is a lot more to this, will try later on to “produce” more. Just keep this in mind . . . . Mark Richt and Greg McGarity knew where they stood with each other prior to the Belk Bowl.

Simple FACT . . . . Kirby Smart “forced” Athletic Director Greg McGarity's hand. Thanks again Gamecocks, you get a “pat on the back” for bringing the “Group” to a sensible decision. Took many years, but HERE WE ARE.

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 2 months ago #72886 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Fits perfectly....... Yes the media will cool until spring

Practice starts unless we have aw sh*t moment

Mike B. was inside the BM and had a good look at

the tea leaves.....his resume was going to get any

Better in Athens....he knew the cluster at QB that loomed

We know now that he wanted FB to be QB and MR

was the veto that kept that from happening....many of us

Felt that from the git go...... CKS. Plays who he feels has

The best chance for us to win....that's the way it is for all

Positions....fact. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72887 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: Fits perfectly....... Yes the media will cool until spring

Practice starts unless we have aw sh*t moment

Mike B. was inside the BM and had a good look at

the tea leaves.....his resume was going to get any

Better in Athens....he knew the cluster at QB that loomed

Felt that from the git go...... CKS. Plays who he feels has

The best chance for us to win....that's the way it is for all

Positions....fact. Go Dawgs

Lot to be discussed in the above and the opening questions and statements in this thread. My opinion.

You said yd1 . . . .

Felt that from the git go

Why would Mike Bobo offer a scholarship to Faton Bauta? Since becoming head coach at Colorado State.

Why would Mike Bobo and Jeremy Pruitt go together soon after Pruitt's hire and speak to Mark Richt about "certain changes"?

Why was Mark Richt "silent" after Jeremy Pruitt stepped out and voiced his opinion about the Indoor Practice Facility?

Answer . . . . Mark Richt's job as head coach was on the line. When is the last time anyone would pp away 4 million dollars? While the bleeding hearts want mediocrity, some sites such as Dawgs.com had enough of the "Carney". Anyone that believes that Dawgs.com was not read and watched closely by the Group in Athens . . . . Never doubt that.

At this point don't really care about the bleeding hearts, and now it is time for many of us that believe and "know" that we have a group of coaches that understand what the word "depth" means.

Anyone that doubts that our offensive coaches understand that a running game is paramount in the SEC, remain where you are, that is not meant to be ugly, it was said to "try" and bring you up to SEC Football. Winning football.

If anyone doubts what "past" super stars are saying, such as . . . . Players are bigger, faster and stronger than when we played, quit "bobbing for apples", you do not have a clue.

This is where I feel UGA is . . . . About three (3) football years away from competing with "everyone", on a yearly basis. Believe this . . . . not just the SEC . . . . College football is a "business". For a "business" to survive, it takes top notch "Leadership" to move into the elite area. Matters not where you choose to play or what team you/we choose to support. Alabama/Saban and the Group in Tuscaloosa understand. You think . . . . I do.

Truth is this . . . . we (UGA) are playing catch up. Why? My opinion, we put up with too much of the "stuff" that the media and the Group put before us. Dawgs.com said enough is enough.

What say you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72890 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
It now can be said IMO correctly that CMB played his

Poker hand very well.... Good on him....happy for his family and his opportunity...

Good spot for him to learn the ropes of being A HC

Same with Rob Sales....

As time passes I think our row got a wake up call

Starting with empty seats and the incumbent staff

Lacking the ability to reverse the trend....

Gents the Genie is out of the bottle....

The beautiful thing about watching our team this year...

We will learn together...fans and players what we can

capable of doing.... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72905 by Buc
Couple of articles that I find interesting. If you haven't read them, worth a few minutes. This board has shown more interest in offensive linemen for a long time.

gridironnow.com/new-georgia-line-coach-s...an-draws-high-marks/

gridironnow.com/are-colleges-to-blame-fo...fensive-tackle-play/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds