Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 2 months ago #72871 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Cold weather has returned to Athens. It was a brisk 24 on the patio at 0600 when Georgia did her early morning business.

Extended forecast has temp back to 74 a week from Saturday….

Elevator weather….. It is still a long way until spring…..

Going on two months since KS was named HC and the conversation on the street is still growing…..

People who I see several times a week are engaged as to what is happening with our football program….

It’s not the Ra Ra stuff… we are going to win every game yada yada….more in depth conversation…about players and coaches….. Seems to be a broad range of positive support….

Read this week how other coaches in the SEC our picking up on the changes that have taken place since CKS has taken over…

First blush it has an Alabama feel…until you look deeper and see that CKS has his own methods of doing business… same but also different ….

Comment was made he is running Georgia like a small business… from the standpoint he is a working boss…very hands on….. and his management team( Assistant Coaches) is a tight group……. Big egos are not a problem….humble and focused

ST coach went to the HC and made the point we need a punter not a QB who can fill in…… so….. after meeting with all of his coaches….. we can work with a walk on PK but damn sure need

A punter that has the necessary skills to make all the various types kicks that can affect the results of the game…
Went and used a scholarship to secure a quality punter….. I like it….

Proactive action not just sitting back and hoping things work out…. Duh !!!!!

CKS had his big boy pants on….. told the media that the pressure is on him…. Not JE !!!

I know its early but like how JE handles himself around the press

Speaks like a young man who understands he has much to do…

In several areas ….. he has sent goals for himself that are doable… he has the feel of being very coachable…. Imo….

Spring practice will be interesting to watch…..

Like those before him….he will have a very good defense to practice against….. steep learning curve…. Lessons come quickly….

Each day it sinks in a little deeper…… we have a HC and staff who get the big picture….. the rest of college football has the message….. things are not the same business as usual when it comes to football at UGA…..

Don’t hear the same old spring reheated mush…. We will run the ball and play action pass….blah blah blah….

Fact no game film out there as to what to look for…..from us…..

Watching the SB kept hearing this voice in my head

Defenses win championships…… yup….. how to beat a mobile quarterback…… would like us to shut down the Vols QB the same way….

Fun meter moving up……

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, averagedawg, Wartdawg, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72873 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

yankeedawg1 wrote: Comment was made he is running Georgia like a small business… from the standpoint he is a working boss…very hands on….. and his management team( Assistant Coaches) is a tight group……. Big egos are not a problem….humble and focused

Yep, and one of those things our new CEO has said he's going to be doing now that recruiting is over is to sit down and breakdown film on the current group of players he has. I'd pay good money to be a fly on the wall to hear the coaching staff dropping colorful language at the BS they saw play out on film. I'd be particularly interested in Sam Pittman's color commentary.

CKS said that he wants to assess every player and "get to know them." Trust me, "getting to know them" isn't 'hiya there son, how's your father?' Getting to know them means taking an inventory of the talent he has to work with and the lack thereof. Problem children will be addressed appropriately - of that I have no doubt.

yankeedawg1 wrote: we can work with a walk on PK

Yeah, as long as that walk on PK can kick the ball into the damned end zone, I don't care who he is. If we can get us one of them, then my TV won't be angry at me any longer because I won't be throwing various objects at it when I see our PK put the ball on the 5 to have them run it to our 45 yard line. I was quite certain last year we could have pulled someone from the student body out of the stands that could have kicked the ball into the end zone.

Two things I never want to see again: the limp noodle kickoff and the pooch kick.

Good stuff yankeedawg. Cheers pal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 2 months ago #72877 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
What the heck is it with these once upon a time quarterbacks?

Buck Belue back again with comments that drew the ire of this board for quite a while.

Belue says that Jacob Eason should not be handed the QB job.

Really Buck?

Head Coach Kirby Smart will not hand anything to anyone, that includes those above him and those below him.

Wake up Belue, beginning to sound like Francis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
8 years 2 months ago #72879 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

Buc wrote: What the heck is it with these once upon a time quarterbacks?

The perpetual struggle for relevancy and the pride of trying to make one's importance appear to be more than it actually is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 2 months ago #72880 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Reporters still have to write when they have nothing

New....so make up something....

Ex jocks who have been away from the game for

Extended period of time....try to recall and relive their

Fifteen minutes of fame.... Usually the miss badly

Many are trying to get inside of CKS head and scoop

What he is going to do and how he is going to do it...

Big waste of time..... If you notice heads don't blab

Long about CNS and Alabama...... See that is what

We will look like going forward.....

Majority of the conversation about the Tide come on

Fall Saturday's on the playing field

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72881 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
It all feels good with KS on the job. The Dawgs have a future.

FT and BB thinking back on the 15 minutes are adjusting the memories. Agree they would love to be in the pocket again. Who wouldn't.

Big media going to have to adjust. KS made that clear. Let's see how they shuffle staffs and offerings over the summer.

Go Dawgs!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds