Forum

Coach Smart Not a "ME" Man

8 years 2 months ago #72898 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Coach Smart Not a "ME" Man
Wartdawg, one of the best posts I have read.

You said . . . . HE GOT A PAY RAISE AND AN EXTENSION.

I was hoping that someone would point that out, started to. Your description of the football "Group" in Athens and Corporate America is spot on.

Greg McGarity, Jere Morehead and the Board of Regents, aka the "Group" will do what is necessary to cover their you know what.

Feel deeply that the new head coach and his group will not be bothered by the above mentioned group. One good example in my mind is Sam Pittman. Arkansas brass tried everything, some of which I question the ethics to keep Sam. Believe this entire group of coaches have the one missing piece for many years in Athens . . . . Backbone.

Good post Wartdawg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72912 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Coach Smart Not a "ME" Man
Adams created an elitist culture of moral superiority.
Morehead fell in line.
Only when the $$$ said enough is enough did enough become enough.

I don't doubt for a second that some at Georgia would like Kirby to fail because somehow it validates their arrogance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 2 months ago #72992 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Coach Smart Not a "ME" Man

averagedawg wrote:
I don't doubt for a second that some at Georgia would like Kirby to fail because somehow it validates their arrogance.

Agreed AD... no doubt at all. I think there are some who while might not be rooting for failure, they are not
so vested in our success that they might not relish the chance to say "I told you to be careful what you wished for...". They would do it with a smile on their face.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72994 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Coach Smart Not a "ME" Man
Wartdawg Wrote:

...There's only one other place where idiotic lunacy like that takes place, and that is CORPORATE AMERICA. Speaks volumes about the way our program has been being run....

UUUhhhhh,......Lest we not forget Local, Regional, State and National politics!!!....Then again, given our obsession with Capitalism, I might be speaking redundantly!

If I'm not mistake, the raise and extension wasn't his first following a sub-par performance. Mahogany Row extended a healthy amount of rope upon which to hang oneself. IFO, hope that the lessons learned from the 15 year tour aboard the SS Richt will translate into pulling the trigger sooner, rather than later....

You feelin' me Coach Fox?

GO DAWGS!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
8 years 2 months ago #72995 by Buc
NC_Dawg, somehow have this feeling that the SS Richt sailing has left Fox with no wind in his sails . . . .

Appears to me that the positive change made in football could and maybe should happen on the basketball court. Body language from Fox not good.

Below is a video that maybe some have not viewed. First four or so minutes of the video is my reason for posting.

Will say this . . . . Kirby Smart has time for "everyone", including Fox. Fox you are right, college coaching is a tough "BUSINESS". Truth be told, it is about wins and losses. You might want to think about that.

Mark Richt was not released because of his spiritual self, it comes back to that thing called being a college football coach. JMHO.

vimeo.com/147543300

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #73000 by Buc
yd1, have to say this . . . .

Players read their coaches. Meaning, players know the difference in attitude changes.

Often has been said on this board that too many of our losses in football were because a lack of halftime adjustments.

Since Mark Richt left, have come to find out that he did not "always" understand what needed to be changed or remain the same.

That in my opinion is one of the major reasons I have often used the word leadership.

The last years under Mark Richt control did not come up to leadership.

Comes back again through basketball coach Fox that Mark Richt is a good man and he wants everyone to better themselves. Not hard to understand. Don't disagree with that.

My opinion . . . . It is imperative that a group has to spend time together under "normal circumstances" to become a team. Speaking directly to coaching. The past x number of years, beginning with the release of Willie Martinez, Georgia football suffered for one "main reason", a lack of leadership.

Coaches this day and time are paid handsomely. There are expectations in any "business" and I say again, College Football is a "business". Expectations are either met or . . . .

I will more than likely say this again, have done so more than once recently . . . .

Mark Richt said that he was going to "go back" to coaching at the "U". That statement bothered me to no end. Mark Richt is sitting squarely in a "hot bed" of football talent. Mark Richt has an opportunity to "be all he can be".

Just trying to "discuss" football. Time for those that are ok with 9 or 10 wins over a period of time to leave those of us alone that want "more".

Go Dawgs

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds