Forum

Coach Smart Not a "ME" Man

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72856 by Buc
Coach Smart Not a "ME" Man was created by Buc
Have listened to Head Coach Kirby Smart's every word that the public/fans are exposed to.

Coach Smart is not a “me” man. Most of what I read coming from Kirby is about “others”. Others meaning coaches, ex-coach, and players.

Kirby Smart is described by everyone that has anything to say about him as passionate about more than Saturday football.

Kirby truly cares about the individual. Most of the comments are from players that have either played for/under him, or players that are on his recruiting schedule. Couple of highly rated players chose Alabama over Georgia in the last recruiting cycle. After choosing Alabama every player that Kirby Smart had been involved with said it was a very tough decision.

Speaks volumes about what “WE” as Wartdawg describes us in another thread having every right to expect from Smart and Company.

Finally we have a head coach that is on a “mission”. Kirby knows what is expected. One thing that I know for sure . . . . Kirby had many offers to go elsewhere. Got down to the last minute and this fact is known . . . . wanted to return to Athens, but was on his way to accepting the South Carolina job. It was time to stop the “stuff” going on within the “Group”. Quite frankly the Group knew that Kirby Smart in Columbia would have been the cause of more empty seats in Sanford Stadium.

When it comes to money, easy enough to get the attention of those that are more about the money than the Saturday football game. Nothing wrong with making money, I like money, but I do not allow myself to be controlled by a Group that has one thing in mind, and that quite frankly is butts in the seats, which converts to money. Receiving mail from our University, campaign on to "send more money". Public Relations Group trying to make good use of the recent hirings in Athens. That is what they are there for, for the most part.

Interesting video, covers some ground.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72858 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Coach Smart Not a "ME" Man
Many of our seasoned board members know what

I speak of when I refer to the "It" factor

CKS...... Has the "It" factor that he would be very successful at any venue he chooses...

Thankfully he has a chosen a Career as a HC at Georgia

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
8 years 2 months ago #72860 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Coach Smart Not a "ME" Man

yankeedawg1 wrote: Many of our seasoned board members know what

I speak of when I refer to the "It" factor

CKS...... Has the "It" factor that he would be very successful at any venue he chooses...

Thankfully he has a chosen a Career as a HC at Georgia

Go Dawgs

yankeedawg1, believe it is time to prepare ourselves for a head coach spending many years in Athens. Everything needed to keep a coach like Kirby Smart. Area, recruits, money, most of all loves the University of Georgia. Another coach with serious roots involved with UGA Football, the community and the State of Georgia.

Also has the blessings of Francis Tarkenton. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72861 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Coach Smart Not a "ME" Man
What you said Buc...... Truth brother......

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 2 months ago #72884 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Coach Smart Not a "ME" Man
All I can say,
As he succeeds keep rewarding him.
Keep him in Athens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 2 months ago #72897 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Coach Smart Not a "ME" Man
One thing about that vidoe that sticks out, Buc...(we all already know this, so it's not news, but it pays to hear it verbalized)

"UGA considered firing MR last season after losses to Florida and Georgia Tech, but University president Jere Morehead was not on board with the change...."

".... so instead, HE GOT A PAY RAISE AND AN EXTENSION."

There's only one other place where idiotic lunacy like that takes place, and that is CORPORATE AMERICA. Speaks volumes about the way our program has been being run.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds