Forum

Monday -- Tech and Other Things

8 years 5 months ago #71035 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday -- Tech and Other Things
Seem to remember some of Richt's first players were Donnan recruits.

Some of the LSU fans are saying that Saban left Miles with a lot of talent.

Watched Miles on TV earlier in the day, did not look like the same Miles that enjoys the press conferences. Can walk away with 15 million, guess there be that and his next stop.

Do believe that college football is a business, eh . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71036 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday -- Tech and Other Things
Buc seems like I remembered you saying shortly after UM signed on with OSU how long will it be before the
Poop hits the fan like it did at UF....

Well believe you have your answer sir.....

Something about a leopard changing it's spots,,,,.

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71037 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: Buc seems like I remembered you saying shortly after UM signed on with OSU how long will it be before the
Poop hits the fan like it did at UF....

Well believe you have your answer sir.....

Something about a leopard changing it's spots,,,,.

Go Dawgs

You Sir have a very good memory. Any help from Georgia? Nothing like a great sidekick to keep the gray matter moving in the right direction.

urban knows when it is time to pick up and leave. Know that Les Miles and his family are going to have a hard time leaving LSU after 11 years.

That is something that needs to be taken into consideration when applying for a job in D1 football or the NFL. While I hate seeing folks lose their jobs, I am a realist and believe that there are some that use heart strings and other methods to remain employed. While that might sound cruel, it is not meant to be.

This is what I keep in mind. Those that depend on keeping butts in the seats and buying all of the "stuff" that is available to keep the butts in the seats need to be as concerned as the "worker bees" are.

For too long I have felt that we (fans) were being ignored. The final straw for me was before the leaky toilets were brought to the forefront by Bill King. After that article, it was case closed for me. Period.

Saying that, I am still in the camp of folks like many on this board that have put money in the till, tried hard to believe we would see change and be a competitive SEC Football Team.

Mark Richt has been in Athens for 15 years. Watching his actions at the end of 2015, more convinced than ever that he needs to find other work. Mark can say he does not feel the heat, even though he has not at this point. Bet this, he is beginning to smell the smoke.

Mark Richt has made millions of dollars in the 15 years he has been in Athens. Move on, time for the younger, stronger, up to date coaches to take Georgia to a competitive place, year after year. Believe I am the one that coined the phrase "roller coaster ride" on this board some years back. If not, whoever did was SPOT ON.

Thanks for your time Mark Richt, please leave.

For those on Mahogany Row, get the lead out of your butts, the wax out of your ears . . . . This old goat strongly suggests that KIRBY SMART return HOME. Nick Saban would stand behind his #1 man for years leaving Tuscaloosa to become HEAD COACH in Athens, not defensive coordinator.

Kirby Smart does not need to be another PAWN for the head coach.

Yes, I will stop . . . . maybe . . . . :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71039 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday -- Tech and Other Things
Spot on Buc. Georgia cuts me no slack.....she keeps me

Moving no question. As a man who enjoys a good ponder....

Not that we will ever know the exact numbers be interesting to see what the breakdown of were the
Money in The vault comes from

Tickets
TV
Merchandise
Endorsements
Alumni

Think fans get squeezed from many sides

Not just college football

M & M. Put a big investment into UM and OSU. Year later wonder who will be the new piece of entertainment candy

Don't think Bama is a candidate

Noon KO. Brunch and Bloodies Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71040 by Buc
Allow me this . . . .

If SEC head coaches lose their jobs because Nick Saban is doing what his fans want . . . . what is there to bitch about?

Do we not want to be on the same level as Nick Saban?

Drives me up the wall reading some of the BS from supposed fans, bleeding hearts that want to keep those at the top for 11 years or 15 years because they are what? Good guys?

Bet this . . . . folks in Alabama are loving the "stuff" that pp's others in the SEC off.

Talent in Georgia, not coached up amounts to Belk Bowls.

Anyone reading this want to trace the steps from the beginning of 2015 Season and the expectations for UGA Football, and take a close look at where we are now? Still want the same leadership, that in street talk is . . . . Mark Richt?

Wake the you know what up . . . . Bet this also . . . . Going to see and hear a lot about Mark Richt between now and LOI day.

Real heroes on this UGA staff . . . . everyone except Mark Richt and that goes back a lot of years. Damn right hot seat, and damn right Mark Richt is looking at "income".

LSU apparently wants Jimbo Fisher. Another Nick Saban trainee.

We have a Nick Saban trainee running one of the best D1 defenses in the country, heaven forbid he should take over the program in Athens.

Works like this for far too many . . . . Names. By the way, how is the NFL Eagles coach doing in Philly? Remember his name being mentioned on Dawgs.com by some?

Mark Richt please leave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71041 by Buc
yankeedawg1, I sincerely appreciate the "Thank You" you punched in post #17. I mean that.

Not being ugly, but would be less than honest if I posted "certain feelings" that I believe reach further than what is being given to the Red and Black supporters that pay to watch more than "some" in the upper level are willing to "allow".

Time for that BS to stop.

Anyone that wants the Public Relations Freight Train to run over them again, get on board with the "pay for view" and beat writers protecting their Butts-Mehre assigned seats, and please, don't try to defend your position. Back in the day, old folks called it "kissing butt".

We now have a "supposed" date for the IPF. Why? Anyone got the answer to that, or . . . . just a handful on this board. For sure those that "poach"* this site and take it back to their less than honest sites, pp on you.

*Poaching . . . . to take and use for yourself unfairly or dishonestly something, usually an ​idea, that ​belongs to someone ​else.

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds