Forum

Monday -- Tech and Other Things

8 years 4 months ago #71021 by Buc
Monday -- Tech and Other Things was created by Buc
Most of us remember the game between the Hedges last season. Would like to see our Seniors take care of business in their last regular season game. This is one of those games that players live with for a long time.

Want to chat a bit about coaching, seems to be the main issue for many of us in 2015. Later on that.

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, averagedawg, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 4 months ago #71022 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Monday -- Tech and Other Things
Rivalry games never seem to play out to form, but sometimes this one does. This seems like one of those years where Georgia actually puts it on GT.

GT was already young and thin and is now hurt. There is really no part of their game that is playing at a high level and they aren't playing for anything but pride which only takes you so far.

UGA's defense at least is playing at a very high level. Big drop off in the O-line for Tech (Shaq Mason now playing in New England with Dave Andrews) and Justin Thomas is hurt. Plus Pruitt probably still has the stats from last year's game seared in his memory. Tough day for the triple option.

GT's defense is the type of defense that can make Lambert look like Joe Montana.

If you give Paul Johnson a tactical advantage over Mark Richt, like playing for pride, that only takes you as far as the talent will.

I think it's going to be a long afternoon for the Jackets. Outside of the coach's "margin for error". :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, averagedawg

More
8 years 4 months ago #71023 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Monday -- Tech and Other Things
One would think this would be a Georgia blowout.
But never underestimate Richt's ability to screw things up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

More
8 years 4 months ago #71025 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday -- Tech and Other Things
Folks this will be Game day Friday #12

They went to damn fast.....hopefully this will be one we can and will savor

No question the conversation buffet has been restocked

HC. Got the trifecta with the third recruit home visit

This DT brings mega grin to CTR....where's the beef

On its way. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 4 months ago #71027 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Monday -- Tech and Other Things
I don't think our offense can "put it on" anybody.

Believe we win the game but if our offense score 24....that's a huge breakout.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 4 months ago #71028 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday -- Tech and Other Things
Think there is zero doubt that the head coach feels the heat.

He visited in living rooms in the past, he however did not have the same amount of notoriety that he is receiving for his 2015 visits.

This is the same coach that for most of his years in Athens has been a lot less active in recruiting than he is in 2015.

Same could be said for grantham when he was in Athens. Felt that recruits should come to him. Did not like traveling those 5 hour trips surrounding Athens to meet and greet.

My opinion, two highly paid coaches that had become too sure of themselves and what it takes to run a program that requires "hard work".

As in the past, grantham was basically shown the door. Problem remains.

Fast hire after grantham departure, in comes this "brash, hard working, knowledgable young football coach".

A lot was made a short time back about a "riff" between Pruitt and a unnamed coach or coaches. My opinion. It was a long awaited time by myself to see an "uprising" among those that want to move our program higher than it has been in 15 years. What ever it takes, do it. Such as calling the Athletic Director out on the Indoor Practice Facility. Some things need to be said publicly. Many of us recognize the fact that Georgia Football Control has been without "Sunshine" in the decision making room "Mahogany Row" forever.

Speaking only for myself. Have often said on Dawgs.com that I would like to see Mark Richt get out of the way. "Way" meaning game day and the way other coaches prepare our team.

So, allow him to keep his business card name, say that because he is not going anywhere soon. No more raises over the length of time he remains.

dawgs_fans_dad, really good post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds